Saturday, June 9, 2012

CrockPot Goodness... Chicken With Mushroom Wine Sauce


Although it is only June, we are starting to experience that "Don't-Know-When-I'll-Be-Home-For-Dinner" situation in the Cain House. Usually we can avoid this until August. This situation comes from being married to a man that is madly in love with me... and football. I struggle with this all the time! I feel that Coach and I should eat dinner together each night. We should also sit at the table, and the meal should be hot. Well, I am learning that this is a luxury from August to February. (And sometimes beyond.)   This past week TC hosted a Passing League in the evening. It started at 6:30 and Coach wanted to be there at 5pm. This leaves me deciding what time to cook? When to start? How long should I cook? What should I cook? Something heavy? Something light? Should I eat without him? Wait? Sheeeeessshhhhh...... I decided to compile a box of crockpot recipes and then have dinner cooking all day, then when Coach comes home, he can eat whatever he wants. Also, I can eat whenever I want as well... so no guilt, or starving. I decided to share this recipe, which I know will be the first of many.

What I LOVE about MOST of the crockpot recipes that I make is that you can add to them to make a bigger meal. For example, I made this chicken and then added pasta and baked veggies to it. However, it could have simply been chicken. My goal is to spend football and wrestling season cooking meals that can please, no matter the mood or appetite. 

Sadly, I have no pictures. Or leftovers for that matter. This recipe was so creamy and very pleasing. I highly recommend this one... Coach does as well. I have already been asked to make it again. I got this recipe from HERE. I really added my own twist, and doubled a few ingredients.  A sweet friend of mine from high school made it and posted about it on Facebook. So, I had to try! Thanks, Sarah!

Slow Cooker Chicken with Mushroom Wine Sauce

What You'll Need

  •   2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
  •   2teaspoon dried minced onion
  •   2teaspoon dried parsley
  •   1/2 cup white wine
  • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
  •   1/4 cup of milk
  •   2 (4 ounce) cans mushroom pieces, drained
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • seasoning salt
  • 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
As far as the skinless chicken breast halves go, you know I love to throw frozen chicken into my pot. Just an easy concept really.

Are you ready for the super hard cooking instructions?

What You Do:  
Dump everything in the crockpot.  
Stir everything up a little.   
Cook on low for 6 hours. 

To add to this creamy chicken, I served it over pasta that I had. Sarah served her chicken over instant rice. I try to keep whole grain pasta on hand, so this is the reason behind my choice. I also knew we needed some veggies, and living here in the south there is a produce stand every mile. So, I had lots in the fridge that I wanted to use. I used THIS recipe for the vegetable bake. 
 The plus to using this as a side dish was that I added veggies to our meal, used some of the veggies I had in the fridge, and Coach loved it! I did not use as much cheese as was called for... and it was still delish. Coach loved it for dinner, and loved the leftovers for lunch the next day. Mission accomplished. 

Oh, and the bottom fell out about an hour before league... so....it was called off. It's the idea that counts, right?! 
Love love, 
C^2 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Real Life Coach's Wife Life

 In 2011 blogging was a bit of a lengthy status update for social media. Coach and I moved away from "home" and it was just a fun ...