Tuesday, May 12, 2015

20 Weeks

How Far: 
20 Weeks. 

Baby Cain is the size of a mango. A sweet, sweet mango.

I made a BIG check on the pregnancy goal list this week. I ran my way through the first half of pregnancy. Despite the "Good luck with that!" and the "I wanted to be active too... but I didn't. You won't either!" and the "Just wait... You'll give that up!" I made it. Now I just get the "Is that safe?" and "Are you harming your baby?" and my favorite, "Your baby will come out crazy like you!"

Thanks. Thanks for the motivation. 

Pictures are a bit different this week. I wanted to celebrate being at the half way mark of meeting sweet Baby Cain. Plus, this was a super amazing week with lots of details that need to be remembered. 


How I Feel: 

I'm still feeling 100% awesome. Just for the record: My lower back started hurting some this week. I usually HATE pillows. (Who am I?) This causes me to kick my pregnancy pillow in the floor. Well, now they thing is a must have. I think it helps my back. We also spent 2 nights away from home in a different bed and I don't think that helped. I just really love my bed. 
Some good yoga helped my back and now I am back to feeling great. (Motivation to keep up the yoga goals.) It is also getting HOTTTTTTT here in the south. My car said 97*. It kinda has me worried about how I will make it through June, July, August, and praying to make it til the end of September. Thankfully I have a pool friend with a pool. ;) 

I believe I can officially say: I. Have. Lost. My. Mind. 
This week I was really motivated. 
I made some lists. 
First, I made a list of all the supplies I want to be sure to have on our registry. I also wrote brands that I have spent some time researching. (Hours of research.) 
Then, my list making needs were not fulfilled. So... I made some more. 
I made a list of what I want in my hospital bag. 
Coach's hospital bag. 
Baby Cain's hospital bag. 

Reasoning: 
I hate packing a bag in advance and then needing something from that bag. To avoid this situation I plan to purchase extras/ travel size things to go in these bags. That way I can have the bags in the car and not NEED anything while they wait to be needed. Type A, much? I also needed to make the budget work to buy said things.... ah the envelope system. 
I feel crazy when I put my reasoning into words. 

not done yet.... 

Then I prepared a list of names and numbers to give my BFF for when I go to the hospital in case it is needed. Let's face the facts: I pray for a natural delivery. My husband is a coach. He could be coaching when I go into labor. My family lives 4 hours away from the hospital. A list needed to be made. 

Again... crazy. 

Maternity Clothing: 
Yup. Yup. Yup. 
I still wear my old shoes.. ha. 
This is my favorite dress, with my favorite shoes. On my favorite day.



Cravings: 
Just food. I sure do love food. 

Nursery: 

The perfect chair is here. I will be having my daily reading time in this chair. To ease all the nerves: We decided on a rocker... that can turn into a normal chair. We both win. 

I also booked Baby Cain's newborn pictures. For those that think this is too soon: The photographer that I fell in love with only books 4 sessions a month to remain flexible for due dates. We grabbed the last opening for September. So now I sleep better at night knowing the perfect photographer will be making precious memories of our newborn babe. Priorities folks. 

Sweet Baby Dub: 

He officially became the perfect dog this week. He is 100% in his own bed and I LOVE IT! I'll just wait for my diamonds, Coach. 


This weekend was Mother's Day. I have never felt more loved and excited to be a mother. My sweet friend sent me my first ever Mother's Day card in the mail. After the tears I thanked God for our friendship, the road that brought us together, and then again for the path that we are now on.I love you, Crystal!  God is so good. 
Then the weekend became even more perfect with the time with family on the lake, by the pool, a service at Southside, and then lunch with family. Baby Cain was given lots and lots of love. 





Coach also gave me my first ever Mother's Day gift. It was perfect. I fell more in love with him when he said, "You need one. Yours is full of writing." Ha. Yes. So true. 
Gah, I can't wait. Absolutely cannot wait.



We are also reading this:


It's amazing. I am going to make a post all about this plan soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Real Life Coach's Wife Life

 In 2011 blogging was a bit of a lengthy status update for social media. Coach and I moved away from "home" and it was just a fun ...