This year on my birthday I turned 25 years
old. Sometimes it is hard to believe I am
25, and I often have to count back to really remember how old I am! Something about this YEAR and this AGE has made me seriously sit down and think about what I have done, and what I still want to accomplish. With that being said, age really
has NEVER bothered me because although I am ALWAYS the youngest one in the
group of all my friends, I have always acted about 15 years older. I am really
just an old granny livin’ the life!
Since turning the big 2-5 I decided I wanted to make a bucket list and really really really work hard to complete each task before I turn 30. If I was being really really really honest with myself, I would without a doubt instantly add “Be a mommy” as number one. However, with lots and lots of prayer, I have learned that although I often THINK I have a plan, God is the one in 100% control. I think my husband would be proud of this! So, as much as my mom would love for me to give her a time frame… there really isn’t one. Ever since we reached the “one year anniversary” mark folks LOVE to ask us when we will ‘be fruitful and multiply.’ Well, I was always famous for saying… “In five or so years.” I have decided that my new answer will be, “When God wants us to have a baby!” So, now that I have that off of my chest… shall we make the list?
This goes in no particular order. All tasks being added are equally important. I've actually been working on this post for a full month! It is officially a big deal to me!
** Most recent update: January 2015
a half marathon.
2. Finish a full marathon. Notice I just say ‘finish’ instead of ‘run’?!
a trip 100% without Coach knowing, and just surprise him one day with the bags
packed.In October 2014 I planned and paid for a weekend trip to Atlanta. Coach had no idea until the last minute because he was trying to make plans. The best part, our BFFs met us there. It was an amazing weekend and JUST what the doctor ordered in the middle of two very busy seasons!
6. Own a pair of dogs. Yes, two!
7. Take Coach to the Gulf.
8. Go to an NFL game. My dream was to go to a JETS game. Well, they continue to break my heart…So any NFL is now the goal. Update: If Rex Ryan is the new Falcons coach... all my dreams will come true.
9. Purchase Coach’s UGA ring without him knowing.
10. Learn to sew. Like, really really sew. Turn the machine on, without help sew.
Cook a meal straight up out of
a magazine. and I only took an iphone pic.
12. Visit every football stadium in the SEC. Let’s test my skills and go ahead and eliminate the ones I have already seen:
Texas A& M
13. Go to Disney World.
14. Zip line.
15. Go for a ride in a canoe. (Is that what you call it? A ride?)
16. Rent a house on the beach with a TON of friends and stay the entire week. Kids and all!
17. Become certified and teach a fitness class.
18. Go camping. (Such a little task. However, my husband HATES camping. I’m not that big of a fan either. But, it would be really fun to do with my fam like the good ole’ days.)
19. Go deep sea fishing.
20. Take Coach to Belize and visit the school that I worked in. (I know he would LOVE it!)
21. Go rock climbing. (This is the point my husband is reading while wondering who in the world he married!)
22. Read the entire Bible from cover to cover in chronological order.
Host a book club.
24. Go for a hike in the jungle.
Host a family meal at my
house. Cooked by me 100%. EASTER 2014!
27. Do a pull up.
29. Run the Peachtree Road Race.
30. Visit the Grand Canyon.
Here I am: 25 years young....
Can't wait to start crossing off some numbers!