First, I gave a pair of flats a much needed makeover. With tomorrow night being New Year's Eve, I needed some sparkle. I remembered seeing a great idea on Pinterest (who knew/ jk) about transforming some old ballet flats. So, I decided to do just that.... Here is the final product. (I took a picture of the before, but my camera is being lame and won't upload the photo.)
|I'll be sure to take a picture of them on my feet to prove the cute-ness!|
*I saved money on this great idea plus: 1. Although I love my Toms, I just can't see wearing them on NYE. 2. These shoes are so comfy, and now I just extended their life! Yay!
To do this you will need:
- a pair of old, comfy flats.
- glitter (color of your choice)
- Mod Podge
- Multipurpose adhesive
- paint brush
- Wax paper
- use the paint brush to paint the mod podge on the flats. I did one at a time because I did not want it to dry.
- place the shoe on the wax paper. This will allow you to reuse the glitter.
- begin shaking it. (the glitter that is)
- cover the entire shoe with glitter.
- set it aside and repeat with the 2nd shoe.
- let them dry for about an hour.
- spray them with the adhesive to lock the glitter on to assure full dancing potential without massive glitter loss on the dance floor. :)
The second craft I made has some purpose. I saw the idea on Pinterest. (Gah, so many ideas.) One of my New Year's Resolutions is to be a Proverbs 31 wife. I feel that it is never too early to work on keeping the romance alive. Yeah, I am madly in love with my wonderful BC, and I tell him he is so amazing; but I feel that we often forget to say thank you for the little things. So, I decided to make this dry erase board to leave little cute reminders of why we love each other.
During Christmas time I had a decoration that covered the backdoor window that happens to be in the kitchen. When I took the decor down the other day I realized how I love having something on the door. I knew I wanted something that would match the kitchen and be cute year round. Here is what I created to fill the spot, and keep the romance flowing in my house.
- Scrapbook paper
- Cricut (to cut the letters)
1. Cut the letters out. I (heart) you because
2. Glue the letters on the paper that you choose to be the background.
3. Frame the paper.
4. Hot glue ribbon on the back.
6. Write sweet messages! :)
It is the easiest thing ever! Plus, it hides the random backdoor in my kitchen. Also, I mean, maybe if I keep thanking him for letting me fill his beloved DVR with The Young and the Restless, he may continue to allow me the space!
I hope everyone has a SAFE and FUN New Year! I can't wait to sparkle the night away!