Monday, December 19, 2011

Mental Regrouping Day:1

Happy Monday! I called this Blog "Mental Regrouping Day:1" because today was the first day of CHRISTMAS BREAK! WOOHOO! This means NOTHING to my family and friends that only get Christmas Eve and Day off. However, to my wonderful husband and I, it means NO SCHOOL! This all boils down to sleeping until 8am, nice un-rushed runs with Dub, and trips to 2nd and Charles. All of this means one HAPPY Carley.

Since last night was not a school night, we invited some friends over for dinner. I was so excited because I got to cook and use my new fancy wedding dishes. Our great friends Joey and Leslie Moon came over around 6pm. We watched a bit of football, (my beloved Tebow lost :/ ) and then enjoyed a layered salad and some great American spaghetti. I also made a loaf of homemade bread and made a pound cake for them to take home to enjoy. It was a wonderful evening. Having friends at our home away from home, makes this home so much more enjoyable!

Today Brandon and I started the week off and slept in! It was heavenly. Once we were up we decided to go to Augusta. Our newest favorite date spot is a HUGE used bookstore that sells movies, music, books, and any other type of media. The prices are amazing because they are second hand. Some folks can only buy new stuff. UMMM.. NOT US! I have a NOOK, so I usually purchase books that I would like to decorate with, or books that I feel that the hard copy is just needed. You can also take your old books in to trade for store credit. I buy cook books, then copy the recipes down on my recipe cards, then trade the book in for another. (Pretty smart huh?) Anyway... we enjoyed an afternoon walking around 2nd and Charles. It was amazing. I wore no makeup, and a sweat shirt. Talk about HOT DATE!

When we left the store we decided to just drive over to the mall. UGH.... mistake! Although I am done with my shopping, I saw that the majority of the public is NOT! It was a cluster! We went to Dicks and Finish Line... Dick's is having a great sale! (Santa even picked up my Christmas gift! A new pair of running shoes will be under the tree for me. Thank goodness... you were starting to see my toe!)  You should check it out... if you are brave enough to fight the madness.

When we were on our way home we passed the Augusta National. If you have ever been to the National, you know that if you drive past it, you cannot see anything but trees and gates. :( When we got home we saw that Lou Holtz was actually enjoying a nice game of golf today in the big city of Augusta. I wish I had known this. Not that knowing would help me break past the security! I would have loved to shake his hand, and tell him to please refrain from picking UGA! :) Just kidding. No, really.

Once we got home I made a wonderful dinner and then wrapped ALL of the Christmas gifts that we have purchased. I still need to wrap BC's gift, but...  I want him to continue thinking that I haven't bought him anything.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Monday! Look for Mental Regrouping Day:2! (Baking madness!)

Love love,
C^2


THINGS I LOVE ABOUT TODAY:
  • No school...
  • Dub ate my mascara, which means I can't wear any, which means... well that I may look like a hobo.
  • CVS having my deodorant on clearance for $1.32
  • I bought the last 2 bars...
  • 2nd and Charles
  •  The fact that my WONDERFUL husband loves the store as much as I do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Real Life Coach's Wife Life

 In 2011 blogging was a bit of a lengthy status update for social media. Coach and I moved away from "home" and it was just a fun ...