Friday, December 30, 2011

Crafty Friday!

I have never been so disappointed about a Friday before... until today. Today was our last Friday of Christmas break. :( HOWEVER, I spent the day going to my favorite store, Joann, and then came home to craft the day away. I guess it is ok that we are headed back to school. Again, I am ONLY 680 hours away from graduation!

First, I gave a pair of flats a much needed makeover. With tomorrow night being New Year's Eve, I needed some sparkle. I remembered seeing a great idea on Pinterest (who knew/ jk) about transforming some old ballet flats. So, I decided to do just that.... Here is the final product. (I took a picture of the before, but my camera is being lame and won't upload the photo.)

I'll be sure to take a picture of them on my feet to prove the cute-ness!


*I saved money on this great idea plus: 1. Although I love my Toms, I just can't see wearing them on NYE. 2. These shoes are so comfy, and now I just extended their life! Yay!

To do this you will need:
  • a pair of old, comfy flats. 
  • glitter (color of your choice)
  • Mod Podge
  • Multipurpose adhesive
  • paint brush
  • Wax paper
To do this you:
  1. use the paint brush to paint the mod podge on the flats. I did one at a time because I did not want it to dry. 
  2. place the shoe on the wax paper. This will allow you to reuse the glitter.
  3. begin shaking it. (the glitter that is)
  4. cover the entire shoe with glitter.
  5. set it aside and repeat with the 2nd shoe. 
  6. let them dry for about an hour. 
  7. spray them with the adhesive to lock the glitter on to assure full dancing potential without massive glitter loss on the dance floor. :) 
**I would do this a day before you want to wear them. These shoes of mine have a full 24 hours to dry.





The second craft I made has some purpose. I saw the idea on Pinterest. (Gah, so many ideas.) One of my New Year's Resolutions is to be a Proverbs 31 wife. I feel that it is never too early to work on keeping the romance alive. Yeah, I am madly in love with my wonderful BC, and I tell him he is so amazing; but I feel that we often forget to say thank you for the little things. So, I decided to make this dry erase board to leave little cute reminders of why we love each other.
During Christmas time I had a decoration that covered the backdoor window that happens to be in the kitchen. When I took the decor down the other day I realized how I love having something on the door. I knew I wanted something that would match the kitchen and be cute year round. Here is what I created to fill the spot, and keep the romance flowing in my house.

All you need for this is:
  • Frame
  • Scrapbook paper
  • Cricut (to cut the letters)
  • Ribbon
  • Glue
Directions:
1. Cut the letters out. I (heart) you because
2. Glue the letters on the paper that you choose to be the background.
3. Frame the paper.
4. Hot glue ribbon on the back.
5. Hang.
6. Write sweet messages! :)

It is the easiest thing ever! Plus, it hides the random backdoor in my kitchen. Also, I mean, maybe if I keep thanking him for letting me fill his beloved DVR with The Young and the Restless, he may continue to allow me the space!

I hope everyone has a SAFE and FUN New Year! I can't wait to sparkle the night away!

Love love,
C^2

1 comment:

  1. I love it! The shoes are too cute! I saw that dry erase board idea on Pinterest and thought about making one too. I'm encouraged now that I know someone who's made it and said it was easy.

    ReplyDelete

The Real Life Coach's Wife Life

 In 2011 blogging was a bit of a lengthy status update for social media. Coach and I moved away from "home" and it was just a fun ...