Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Weekend 2011

Finally! The Christmas weekend blog. I hope everyone had an amazing Christmas with lots of friends and family. I also hope that Santa was good to everyone. Let me start off with the trip to Jefferson that we made on Wednesday. Once we got to Jefferson we had the first family Christmas dinner. It was at W.T.'s house. (Brandon's grandfather.) We had great BBQ and stew. The best part is always the dessert: fruit pizza! Always a wonderful treat! Here are some pictures of the great night with family. 

A packed couch!


Thursday was the annual Progressive Dinner. I love it! First we went to the Simmon house. Candice can decorate like no other. No matter the season, when you walk into her house you feel as if you are walking into Southern Living. We had appetizers here, and then went to the Cain house for salad and dinner. I love spending time with friends! It was a busy day, but very worth it. 


Christmas Eve was lots of fun as well. I spent the entire day at my mom's house. We went to a book store in Commerce, and went to pick out lots of great bags at the Coach store. We didn't buy any though. :( That night we had Christmas with Mama Bette. We decided to try something different this year. We played a gift card white elephant game. It was so fun! Lauren was close to having a gift card to Home Depot! Ha! We had great food, and lots of laughs! 




Finally, Christmas Day! I am sad to say that Christmas Eve night I woke up with... the stomach bug. :( It was pretty horrible. However, I did not let that sop me from going to spend time with my family. I just sent a text informing everyone that I would be arriving after the meal. Nobody told me this, but I am sure they were all just so upset because I am the family comedian. Seriously. We went back to Jefferson and lounged around for the remainder of the evening. Monday morning we made the journey back to our little house home in Thomson. I have never been so happy to rest in my own bed. I have decided that home is now wherever my king size bed is. 
What did you do over Christmas break?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Real Life Coach's Wife Life

 In 2011 blogging was a bit of a lengthy status update for social media. Coach and I moved away from "home" and it was just a fun ...