Monday, April 1, 2013

Happy Easter! 2013


Happy Monday! I think any Monday that I am able to sit at the computer for a blog at 9am is a great Monday! Hello, Spring Break! I love a week that calls for beautiful weather, no school, garden plans, and trips to visit friends. 

This weekend was full of my absolute favorite things. I decided to fill your Monday with a quick recap of my favorite holiday weekend. 

Friday at school was our Easter Egg Hunt. We could not have asked for better weather. We all enjoyed cupcakes, brownies, chips, dip, and a hamburger lunch outside as a picnic. The kids informed me that it was the “BEST SCHOOL DAY EVER!” I mean, I must agree… lots of sugar, an egg hunt, AND eating outside?! 

Friday night I drove to Athens to meet Beth, Whitney, and my aunt at David’s Bridal for Beth to FINALLY ring the bell. (For a dress that she may or may not have known she was getting since January!) 


The dress is beautiful! She will be a beautiful bride in October. 

Saturday morning I was up bright and early to get a spray tan. WHAT?! Very random. BUT… I am in love. I am working on convincing Coach that I need a spray tan machine. Safe, no sun, and a nice golden brown color, sign me up! If you are in Jefferson, check out White House Salon! 

I also had some sweet friends let me practice taking pictures. I would say it was a pretty successful day! Here are some of my favorites! 




Then I ran home to get ready for Beth & Dustin’s engagement party. We had a great night celebrating an engagement and wedding that will soon take place. I love my  loud family!






Sunday morning was my absolute favorite day of the weekend. Easter is my favorite holiday. I love the full house at church. I love the new music that the band breaks out. (Our band is seriously rockin’ at Southside.) I love the new pastel outfits. I love the Easter and spring feel in the air. It is seriously my favorite. (Reece eggs may also be a fave as well.)
I spent the entire service crying. Why? Well, it really is a long story. See… I have NEVER EVER (ever) had any regret of moving. I love our home! I love being a part of an amazing community. I love everyone knowing where we live, and that they are always welcome to stop by. I love everyone seeing “Coach’s truck” at church, or in the yard. God placed us where we are now. We know he has us working for Him there. Well, Southside is where I learned to really “love” God. I was married on that stage. (The first ever wedding there.) I feel in love with my husband at the church. It is my “home.” So, I cried. It was a happy cry. I’m a girl. I am allowed a few good happy cries here and there. Walking out of Southside I always feel ready to face the world. I always feel spiritually strong. I love my church! 


This was the first ever Easter (in my life) that I didn’t wear pink. Nope. Blue was the color for 2013! 


I adore this little family of mine. They are amazing. (Even when he is pouting about a computer and BoJangles.) 

I love that when I was a kid the Easter Bunny always knew what I wanted... new bathing suit, new flip flops, or a new CD. Now that we are adults, he seems to know what we need. 


After church I went to my Aunt Doni’s house. I love her because she lets me show up empty handed, and eat whatever I want. I tried to tell everyone that the food was horrible… they never believe me. 



The kids. Are we really still the kids?

Coach and I wanted to run by his uncle’s house to see all the children. Their egg hunt was in the rain… this by no means slowed them down!

Then the day was over. Made me sad. I truly LOVE Easter. The only thing that will get me through… Spring Break starts today! 

Happy Monday friends! I hope your Easter weekend was as amazing as ours!Take a moment to remember the memories... 

Love love,
C^2

1 comment:

  1. You are awesome! Great post! I totally love that you happy cried in Easter service. It's wonderful when we can experience all of His blessings and take the time to realize them! Love you!

    ReplyDelete

The Real Life Coach's Wife Life

 In 2011 blogging was a bit of a lengthy status update for social media. Coach and I moved away from "home" and it was just a fun ...