Monday, January 12, 2015

Clean Greek Chicken

So many folks are  cleaning up their diets! This excites me when I get texts saying, "Where is the flax seed!?" Love. (And then I say a prayer because remember that ONE time....) 

 I also get the text and call on day 4 when you are sick of chicken. (Many folks don't like pork and don't like fat that also comes with most pork. The literature that I have found isn't against pork in moderation, and love when it is farm raised and fed naturally.)

Here is my new favorite baked chicken recipe. I found the original recipe here. I had to modify it because with the 24 Day Challenge and Whole30 way of eating, cheese is out. However, one day... this baby will be covered with some feta. You should also know that I never measure anything. Really. I live by the pinch/ dash/ sprinkle method of life. I am a rebel.
Greek Chicken 
You'll Need: 

2 large boneless/ skinless organic chicken breast. ( I use Zaycon and LOVE IT!) Coach cuts the huge chicken into small cutlets. I think they cook better. I am funny about meat.

Red Wine Vinegar

Rosemary

Sage

Parsley

Garlic Powder

Salt/ Pepper

Cherry Tomatoes

Purple Onion (I had a ton of vidalia onions. However, I got a purple onion and I am glad I did. It MADE the flavor!)

Sun dried tomatoes

What You'll Do: 
Mix all of the dry ingredients in a small bowl. 
Lay chicken in a casserole dish flat. 
Cover the chicken with some sprinkles of red wine vinegar. 
Cover the chicken with the spices. 
Slice the purple onion into rings. Lay all the rings on the chicken and around the chicken. 
Lay the cherry tomatoes and sun dried tomatoes around the chicken. 
Bake covered (with foil) on 350* for 45 minutes. 

Uncover and enjoy! It was great the next day for lunch as well! 


I served it with roasted carrots, and an arrangement of colors. It was amazing. It is my favorite (baked) chicken recipe. Coach approved but still prefers chicken and mushroom rice.  




Let me know if you are interested in tonight's Jalapeno/ Cilantro Baked Chicken. It was also delish.

Love love,
C^2

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Real Life Coach's Wife Life

 In 2011 blogging was a bit of a lengthy status update for social media. Coach and I moved away from "home" and it was just a fun ...