Friday, October 16, 2015

Calla's Birth Story Part Three

Here are the first two parts of the greatest adventure of our lives if you are playing catch up.
I thought in my head I would have this story out in three parts. I think I am actually going to do four.
Let's get started: 

On Wednesday morning we decided to stay put. My favorite doctor (haha so far! I had a new favorite each day!) came in and decided I could eat while on mag, but he wanted another bag ordered just to be safe. I guess if I have to be on medicine that I absolutely hate then it's a plus that I get to eat! The downside... the food I get to eat.... hospital food for the win!

When your parents don't quite believe you are fine... they drop everything and come visit! They also bring the necessities like face wipes and the other wipes that are needed! :)

I had my mom take this picture to send everyone because believe it our not, I really was feeling fine.

(Well, as fine as could be on that horrible medicine.) I was going to try to document each and every moment. Here is my first IV... it was the terrible IV that would eventually cause issues.


I was not allowed to take a bath and if you know me at all: You know I MUST take two showers a day. So this was pretty much cruel and unusual punishment. My mom did actually help me take a sponge bath and braided my hair out of my face. I will forever be thankful for that!

When you are now considered "high risk" you do get some pretty great services. The best was that I was hooked up to monitors that were tracking movement and the baby C's heartbeat. That was the best sound ever. I told Coach that I wanted a noise maker that made that heartbeat sound. We could hear her move, have the hiccups, and her precious perfect heart. Sometimes we would just sit and listen. Oh, and different doctors want to come in and measure different parts of the baby's body. One doctor came in to look at the brain. He was performing an ultrasound and accidentally said, 'He looks great!' My MIL heard him and instantly screamed. Poor doctor looked like he saw a ghost. We told him we didn't know the gender and he said "he." His response, "Oh! No! I don't look at at that! I am seriously only looking at the brain development! That is just habit I guess!" I suppose now that I have been holding my sweet angel baby GIRL for two months I guess I believe him and his bad habits!

Once their visit was over and we assured them that we were both fine... they went home to try to wait out the two weeks we would sit and grow a baby. Coach and I then had time to chat about our long term plan. (You know I love a good plan!) We decided that it made more sense that he camped out with me for the remainder of the week, then went home and back to work. That way he could be off when we came home. (In two weeks!)

We were moved from one end of the hall to the other end. We moved from Labor and Delivery to Recovery. The room was much nicer, but the bed was still a chair. I hated that Coach was going to have to attempt sleep in that thing. It was horrible.

Coach did what Coach does... he sets out to find some snacks. We lived outside of Augusta for a short time right after we were married and we fell in love with a HUGE bookstore. Coach did take a little visit because he refuses to get an e-reader. He needed something to read to take up time.

 I also needed a brush. Side story: For ten years I have only used ONE huge round brush. I assumed that in the nearly five years of our marriage that Coach knew what brush I used. No. He came in fussing about how much a brush cost! He said, "Do you know how expensive brushes are? I'm glad I shave my head!" Sheesh....So he bought me a cheap flat brush. I hate that thing. Luckily my BFF brought me my real brush later on in our stay.

We hung out in our new room and just read/ watched TV/ watched Ric Flair videos a hundred times/ made friends with the nurses/ listened to Baby Cain on the monitor. Wednesday night was pretty good and Thursday we just hung out. We were getting pretty hungry and the canned carrots were just annoying

so Coach said he would go get something good for us as takeout. I LOVE Olive Garden and it breaks my heart that we don't have one close by. So I suggested my favorite salad, bread sticks, and chicken dish. Coach set out to get dinner. When he made it back we had a romantic dinner in the hospital room.

 I didn't eat much because I really started to feel like I was full and uncomfortable. At 10pm I said, "I am going to try to go to sleep. I think that dinner gave me indigestion."

Oh how I wish it was just indigestion! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Real Life Coach's Wife Life

 In 2011 blogging was a bit of a lengthy status update for social media. Coach and I moved away from "home" and it was just a fun ...