Friday, December 30, 2016

#GrowingCains

June 24, 2016. That's the date of the last published blog post. When I wrote that blog post I didn't know that was going to be the last blog post for 6 months. However, a break was good. I don't think I knew I needed a break from the dot com. But WE did. The Cain house needed some time to forgive, grow, and listen. Life has been insane and crazy the last six months. The topic of this post is to let out the crazy and move on. Here we go.

Forgive.

I had to forgive. When I think of blog posts I go over them about ten times in my head. I think, "whose feelings will I hurt?" "Who will think I am pointing fingers at them?" (When I promise I'm not.) I had several blog posts ready to write.. then I had to find it in my heart to forgive. This was a process our whole house had to go through. So..... we have. We are now done with a season of life and God did an amazing job of preparing another season for us. We forgive. I forgive. That's all I have to say about that.

Grow.
Wow. Have we grown! I'm not just talking about the tiny Baby Cain that is eating all the foods and growing out of shoes and clothes faster that my heart desires.... I am talking about personally, professionally, as parents, as teachers, as coaches. We have GROWN!


For me: I have been thinking about what career goals I want to set. This year shortly after the year started I was offered a leadership role. It was exactly what I needed to find the growth and clarity I was looking for. I am praying for guidance where that role is concerned and I know God will take care of the rest. He always does.

Coach has grown! Not just in classifications, but I truly feel he learned SO much in just the 6 months here. I know God had plans and is still working. I mean.... our football season ended with a 13-1 record. Nothing to complain about here!

Calla: Sweet girl is talking nonstop! Her hair is growing into a wild mess. She is picking up on so many skills. It is mind blowing how fast time flies. I can't put into words how much my heart grows each day because of her. She is truly amazing. (And a Daddy's girl for sure!)


Dog Named Dub: He's grown old! Calla is truly the boss of him. He is a good sport. His favorite place is by the window acting as neighborhood watch. There is truly no other Weim like him.

The past 6 months have not in any way been easy. I may go ahead and admit that 2016 was the hardest year we have faced for so many different reasons. I am going to call 2016 #GrowingCains



Listen.
We found a church here in The Bridge. Learning to listen has been hard. Have you ever attended a church service and during the entire message thought, "Wow. He is talking RIGHT TO ME!" This has happened every single time we visited Turning Point. I am happy to say... it is our new home church. More to come on this.
During our season of #GrowingCains... we had to learn to listen.


So, I say all that to say this:
In 2017 my goal is to blog once a week. I really LOVE looking back at the struggles, accomplishments, celebrations, times with friends as well as the growth of our family. This blog has helped me remember that life is full of amazing moments.... and even some not so amazing.

Love love,
C^2


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Real Life Coach's Wife Life

 In 2011 blogging was a bit of a lengthy status update for social media. Coach and I moved away from "home" and it was just a fun ...