Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Turning 25


Can I just start off by saying I LOVE Springing Forward?!? I know so many people complain and hate the “loss of an hour of sleep.” My solution: Go to bed an hour earlier, Jack! (Please excuse DD lingo)
I love it because I can:
Come home from work.
Blog.
Read blogs.
Check pinterest.
Answer emails.
Change clothes.
Go run.
Come home.
Cook dinner.
Clean kitchen.
Prep meals.
Shower.
Sleep.
I would insert spend some time with Coach, but let’s be real. It’s baseball season.
All of this may or may not be done before the sun goes down. Ha! Just kidding. (Possibly.)

Last week I turned 25. I love being an adult. Seriously. Adulthood has been oh so good to me.
I kicked off turning 25 with a weekend in God’s Country. (My husband always refers to Jefferson as this when we pass into the city limits.) This included a trip to the Mall of Georgia. Note to all my friends: Don’t ever lose sight of how awesome it is to live a short 25 minute ride from such a heavenly resource. If you ever move away, you will miss it! I was treated to 4 new pair of pants, (Went down an entire size, and could have gone 2, but I like my pants a little baggy.) a new Pandora charm, (Coach was amazed at how nice the store was when it wasn’t slammed with shoppers) and a new pair of Nikes.  Next, we enjoyed lunch at our ONCE fave restaurant, Taco Mac. We pumped ourselves up for this lunch. When we left, we said, “That wasn’t as good as I wanted it to be!” I guess it is true when they say that once you stop eating processed foods, when you eat them they will not be good to you anymore. Somehow I convinced Coach to sit and wait on me at the nail salon that I always visit when in town. It wasn’t too hard to convince him since it was my “birthday week.” Then I went to Athens with my Mama to pick out new lamps. She treated me to Red Lobster. She also treated me to some new clothes. While I was walking into the dressing room, she said, “I want to see those on Carley Ryan.” 25 years old and some things never change! 

The next morning we got up early and went to visit Blake and Julie at their new Ahhhhhhmazing lake house. It was beautiful! 

We were greeted by this little beauty. 

Treated sooo perfectly with a yum-o dinner. 

Made smores by the fire. 

And enjoyed time with family. (My favorite picture of the weekend!) 
 Even put a little puzzle together! 

The next morning we got up and headed home. Why did I not know Commerce had a DD? I hate the donuts. Love love love the coffee. 

They we all headed south. The tiny little Cain family. My absolute favorite way to spend my birthday! 

On my actual birthday I was blessed to spend it with my little babies. I was given this card by one of my kids. I cried. 

Then the kids brought cupcakes. They were sooo good. 

My sweet friend Amanda gave me the most perfect bowls to add to my collection. Are they not beautiful!?
And what would a birthday be without some flowers from your mom?!


I would say that I had a pretty amazing birthday week! Like I said, 25 has been oh! So good to me! 

This weekend I finished my personal longest without stopping run. 7 miles.
I love this app. This was my run. 

Pretty much beast mode. Well, that's what I said in the text I sent Coach when I was finished. 

This Saturday I am running my second ever 10K. In Dublin, for St. Patty’s Day. (May or may not may Dublin, Ga.) 

My running partner said that I need to find a new running partner.

Because, let's be honest. Watching TV is SOOOO much more fun!
 
So, that’s where I’ve been.
Love love,
C^2

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Real Life Coach's Wife Life

 In 2011 blogging was a bit of a lengthy status update for social media. Coach and I moved away from "home" and it was just a fun ...