Thursday, May 2, 2013

Blog Every Day in May


Of course I would actually have time to sit at the computer and blog on the 2nd day of May to find a pretty great little blog challenge…
So, with that being said, I think I will start today, and play a little catch up… shall we?


Day 1, Wednesday: The story of your life in 250 words or less
I was born in a city that my parents and grandparents have always lived in. I had a head full of brown hair until my Nanny wished it all away. Since then, I have had white blonde hair. I have always been the child that is constantly smiling. I attended the SAME school from grade K-12. I still have some of the same friends that were in my Kindergarten class! In high school I was pretty active in sports and LIVED at the ball park. I think I’ve worked in a concession stand since I was old enough to give out correct change. (Very young friends!) I worked my way through college, and ended up finally graduating from Augusta State University. Before graduation, I married the GREATEST man on the planet, and he actually grew up a few miles from my parent’s house. After graduation we moved to a small southern town so he could live his dream of coaching. Now I am living my dream of teaching, being a coach’s wife, and a mommy to the most handsome Weimaraner in the state. I have had MANY friends in my life. Now that I am older I am meeting some of the greatest friends I have ever known. My life is simply amazing because I refuse to let it be anything else! 


Day 2, Thursday: Educate us on something you know a lot about or are good at.
I may not KNOW a lot about running… but I KNOW a lot about why I run, and what works for me. Since this is my current obsession, I think it would be a perfect time to post. Also, I have my first half of 2013 this weekend. BAM… gotta know a lil something then right?!
Why did I start running? Well, really, walking just doesn’t keep me in the shape that I know I need. I’ve never been a real “runner.” Even when in high school. Actually, I just played sports all year. I also hated when the coach made us run. I was usually the one on the back. Probably complaining. With that being said, now that I am an adult… I am not doing nearly as much exercising as I did then. So, I decided to start running. I may or may not have gotten the idea from my girl Danielle (what doesn’t come from Danielle, right?!) and she is a great runner that has completed some full marathons. She was my true inspiration. As well as my favorite pants not looking too hot. I began running like .1 mile and walking lots too. Then one day I just decided I would run til I was tired, then stop and walk. Then when I felt better I would jog again. So, at this point in my life, I am running about 13 miles at a time without stopping. People ask me to write them a running plan. I am not that great at it at all! Actually, you are the best running plan. Just do what you can, then push yourself a little farther. It will all come into place. I DID however quickly learn that I had to “Eat to work out. Not work out to eat!” I have spent MONTHS on figuring out what my body NEEDS to run. It does NOT need junk food. It DOES need lots of water and a good amount of carbs. 

Now running is something I am VERY VERY passionate about. Why not?! It keeps me in shape, keeps me lookin’ smokin’ hot for coach, lol (BTW: Once a lady asked me why I ran. I said, “To look smokin’ hot for my husband!” She didn’t like that comment too much! Humph!) and it has become such a great release. I am actually trying to convince myself that I am a morning runner. I LOVE the energy it gives me all day at work and when I get home, I am home! LOVE IT!
If you are thinking about running… JUST DO IT!
Love love,
C^2

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Real Life Coach's Wife Life

 In 2011 blogging was a bit of a lengthy status update for social media. Coach and I moved away from "home" and it was just a fun ...