Monday, January 9, 2012

Just Another Manic Monday!

Monday! Monday! Monday! Don't ya just love em?! 

Look on the bright side, next week is a 4 day week for all of us teachers. (Sorry to all the nonteachers.) 

Anyway, I hope everyone's Monday was super wonderful. 


This blog has a purpose. It is a new super easy recipe that I whipped together this evening to get rid of some bananas that were too ripe. I love bananas. I eat about 2 a day. However, when the weekend comes, I don't eat them as much, so they get too ripe. I despise bananas that are too squishy. So, this quick and easy recipe is sure to be a winner, and get rid of those bananas that are headed toward the trash.Also, you are very likely to have all of the ingredients in the cupboard.

You Will Need: 
3-4 Ripe Bananas
1/3 cup of melted buttercup of sugar (don't tell coach... but I use Splenda.) 
1 egg  beaten
1 teaspoon of vanilla
A pinch of salt
A dash of baking soda..... sorry. I'm not one to measure when I cook. Call me Julia. :/
1 1/2 cups of all purpose flour
Small amount of walnuts or pecans.

What You Do:  
(I have a Kitchen Aid, so I try to use if for everything!   However, for this, you really only need a wooden spoon and bowl!) 

Preheat the oven to 350.
Mix the butter and bananas. 
Mix in the sugar, egg, and vanilla.
Sprinkle the baking soda and salt over the mixture and continue to blend. 
Add the flour and mix well. 
Stir in the nuts. 
Pour the mixture into a buttered loaf pan. Bake for one hour.

This recipe makes one loaf. I must admit, it is pretty good! It turned out the prettiest color too!




I promise my table is clean. That white blob is my just one of my early cooking lessons. You don't put hot pans on the table. :(
Let me know if you make it! 


Do you have any tips to share in the kitchen?

1 comment:

The Real Life Coach's Wife Life

 In 2011 blogging was a bit of a lengthy status update for social media. Coach and I moved away from "home" and it was just a fun ...