Monday, January 23, 2012

Resolution Update!

I'mmmmm BAAACK! Sorry I have not been as good of a blogger as I wish I could be. Truth is, I am nothing but a slacker. Again, sorry. I have been busy, you know, just being as awesome as I can be. :) Just kidding, no, seriously. As of today, I have been 23 days without a single soda! Wooohoooo! I am really doing this. I am actually very proud of myself. I won't lie, it has often been a struggle. However, I am really starting to feel so much better! I have really stopped "wanting" them. Water, chocolate milk, white milk, and juice has been all that I have been drinking. I really can tell a difference in my body. I highly recommend the change to everyone. Most of my friends only drink diet coke. I did some research and diet coke is actually WORSE for you than regular coke. Just make the change, drop them all!

I also have been keeping my word about running! I am currently training for another half marathon. This past weekend I ran a 5K. This 5K was a big deal for me, because I gave up running for more than 7 months. I am just now getting back to being hardcore. :) Plus, this was Dub's first race. He is my faithful running partner, and never misses a day. So, this was his reward for being such a great partner. He was a CHAMP! I'm not sure if it was our extensive training, or the expensive dog training that made him so obedient. But, whatever it was, I was so proud of him. He was by my side the entire time.
Before the race, nice and dry.

Finish Line! 35:30

After the race, soaking wet!


My friend Leslie joined me for this run. This was her first race ever! I could tell that she was a little nervous, BUT she really rocked it. She actually kept me running 2 minutes under my average mile. What do I mean by this? Well, when I run, I am the slowest runner ever. I average about a 13:30 mile. For this race, we averaged an 11 minute mile. That really isn't fast at all, but to me, we were booking it! Thanks Leslie for showing me that I can run fast  faster.



Before you judge from these pictures, let me tell you about the running conditions we were under. First, it was FREEZING. The weather man said it would be about 76. Yeah, it was a balmy 54. Plus, it was a slight MONSOON! I mean POURING. We were covered in mud. Wet, cold, muddy, BUT SO WORTH IT! I mean, we did get a long sleeve t-shirt. Those are the best, right?

 I hope everyone has a blessed and speedy week! I wanna give a quick shout out to my bro-in-law Blair! He is in Kentucky trying out for a college bowling team! WOOOW! GOOD LUCK ABC!

Do you know of any good races in the area?

Love love,
C^2

2 comments:

  1. Trot to adopt 5K this weekend in Evans!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Proud of your running!

    Love all your FB statuses...hilarious!

    What was your big news the other day? I kept checking back to see if it was a Baby Cain! Haha...

    P.S. You haven't blogged since January! Get on it, girl!!!!

    ReplyDelete

The Real Life Coach's Wife Life

 In 2011 blogging was a bit of a lengthy status update for social media. Coach and I moved away from "home" and it was just a fun ...