Friday, May 29, 2015

22 Weeks

How Far: 
22 weeks 

Baby Cain is the size of a spaghetti squash. 
(I am actually a week behind. So today I am 23 weeks.) 


This week on May 21st, Coach and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary. Being married is my absolute. favorite. part of life (so far.) In four years I feel like we have conquered the world. I mean, 4 years, two jobs, three houses, some dreams came true, and now a sweet little Baby Cain. We celebrated with a day of school, then a doctor's appointment to see our sweet little babe. 


At our 18 week appointment we had our anatomy scan. Everything was perfect, but it was in the morning. After my daily 1/2 Spark, Baby Cain was very Carley and the doctor could SEE the heart perfectly, but we just couldn't capture the perfect picture for our file. So being the amazing doctor she is, she ordered another ultrasound for four weeks later. Everyone loves seeing their babies! So it happened to fall on our anniversary. Best anniversary ever. No worries, Baby Cain has a beautiful heart and was SO much bigger! We saw some VERY large feet. I was thinking it when I saw them, and the doctor confirmed. Large feet= fine with me... Just puhleasssseeeeee have your mama's head circumference! 
Everything was wonderful with the doctor as well. All labs look good. I was nervous about my weight gain, but she told me it was fine and not to worry one bit. I did however decide to kick the brownie habit. I also gutted our pantry of all junk. Back to the real world!

This weekend was perfect. It was filled with family and friends. Saturday morning I spent the morning with my mom walking around the mall that I miss so much. I also bought some much needed new makeup. Saturday night we attended a friend's beautiful wedding. It was nice catching up with some friends that I haven't seen since high school. 9 years ago. Then we made it to the last two sets of the Swingin' Medallions concert so Baby Cain could attend their first SM concert in Athens. Your MIL may be a Fan aka groupie if you walk in and the band says: Baby Cain is here! haha. First concert as well as first stage appearance. Sunday was spent by the pool and Monday we came home. 
Perfect weekend. 




How I Feel: 
Round ligament pain is here. Back pain is here. Both are very manageable and nothing to get worked up about. Stretching helps. Yoga helps. Believe it or not, running helps too. Hormones are my biggest symptom. I could cry... and cry some more. Then punch people. I try to keep that under control. 

Other than that, I feel great. Summer is officially here, and although I am a nervous wreck about not working summer school, it is nice getting stuff done around here in the morning, and then hitting the pool and sunshine in the afternoon. 

Maternity Clothing: 
Yes. Yes. Yes. 

Cravings: 
Haha. This is funny. 
I would eat JUNK all day. BUTTTTT..... I don't. However, I did have Mexican twice. It was SOO. GOOD. Also, while we were by the pool I just wanted something sweet, cool, and not junk. Well, I ended up eating a ton of pineapple and peppers. I think all weekend I had about 7 plates like this. I guess it is better than brownies! 

Nursery: 
We weren't home very much this week so no progress was made. 

But we finally have the chair finished and some time can be spent in there now. 


Sweet Baby Dub: 
Dub lays his head on my lap usually when we are in the bed or on the couch. Poor brother was kicked in the head and was NOT TOO sure about it at all. It really freaked him out. So naturally... we laughed our heads off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Real Life Coach's Wife Life

 In 2011 blogging was a bit of a lengthy status update for social media. Coach and I moved away from "home" and it was just a fun ...