Monday, May 4, 2015

19 Weeks

How Far: 
19 weeks. 

Baby Cain is the size of a large tomato. 

How I Feel: 
I feel great. Rolling over in the bed is a struggle. I miss sleeping on my stomach. I feel like all I do is move from side to side. My favorite place to sleep is on the couch. I am taking daily afternoon naps. Weekend naps are around 3 hours. Bring on the "Sleep while you can!" comments. 

Running is still happening, but I do it in the afternoons more than in the mornings. I should gt back to morning runs. I have an amazing running group to run with in the mornings. Plus, when summer comes, my runs will have to be early to avoid the deadly heat. So my goal this week is to run in the morning. 

Baby Cain is on the move. I feel the most movement after a run, after a brownie, after a spark, when drinking lemonade, and at church with the loud music. In fact, the music was prettttyyyyyy bumpin' Sunday and we had a major kick... so hard I almost wet my pants. 

We can't feel anything from the outside yet. I am super excited about this. So far the only involvement Coach has experienced in this pregnancy is the fetching of the lemon water... 

1/2  of a Spark in the morning and 1/2 in the afternoon is just what we need to make it...


Maternity Clothing: 
Pants. Love them. 
Dresses love them. 
I purchased my first pair of pants and probably my only pair of pants that I'll buy. I just needed some white pants for the summer. 

Cravings: 
Food. Brownies are still a daily thing. I also get Hangry rather quickly. Just ask Coach. 

Nursery: 
Nothing new to report here. I have some ideas going, I will probably act on them in June. The big goal is to have the majority done by mid July. I am just talking about the BIG things. This week I need to call the company doing the bedding and confirm the pieces I want. I am being kinda difficult because I won't be using a bumper pad. I also can't decide on a quilt or not. I'm telling ya.... decisions decisions. 

Oh, and I found the PERFECT photographer. I am SOOOO excited about that. We will only be booking a newborn session. She is perfect. I can't wait. Don't think I didn't swing the birthing photo session by Coach. He said no. Then I never mentioned it again. The ONLY thing he has been firm about is the hospital trip. Everything else he has been alllll.... Whatever you think. Not this. So I'll let him have it. And I'll teach him to use my camera. 


Sweet Baby Dub: 
Well, with me growing and moving all night.. and my huge pillow... Dub has been kicked out of our bed. This is HUGE for him. He was NOT happy. So Dub had his first ever night in his own bed. He did great.... 
Sorta. 



This week was a great week. The school week was awesome. The weekend was perfect. Although the baseball coach in our house was a HUGE grump... a day at the beach finally put a smile on his face. It was an amazing weekend with friends and salt water. While sitting on the beach we looked at all the kids and discussed parenting. I am sorry Baby Cain, if you are a girl you'll be wearing a turtle neck to the beach, and if you are a boy you will forever have a short, clean hair cut. You'll be raised on 90s hip hop, you'll have an amazing knowledge of random movies, and you'll probably hide your face when your father starts dancing. He will be at your prom, (where you'll be wearing jeans because those dresses are way tooooo expensive (his words). Bless you if you even think about dating before you're 20. He doesn't get worked up about much.... but some things.... Oh, and someone PLEASE ask him what Baby Cain's first Halloween costume will be.... We argued about this for 30 minutes. 



I am reading this book. I am going to finish it today then re-read to make many notes. It is perfect. I am ordering a few to give as gifts. 


Prayer: 
Thanks to the book I am now praying for God's will. We may joke that we want Baby Cain to be active in sports. We may joke that we want you to be a bookworm, 360lb lineman, or a baseball player that bats 1000. Really, we pray that you live a life to fulfill God's plan that He has for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Real Life Coach's Wife Life

 In 2011 blogging was a bit of a lengthy status update for social media. Coach and I moved away from "home" and it was just a fun ...