Thursday, March 8, 2012

Thankful Thursday!

Man oh man do I have SOOOO much to be thankful for today!!! 

First, I just want to say I am so thankful for my amazing friends and family that made this birthday super special. Oh, and my husband that makes every.single.day of my life special. 

But... as for my 24th Birthday... Here is what I did:

Friday night we made the drive to God's Country aka: Jefferson, Ga. We met some great friends and family there for dinner. We ate at my (BC's) fave, El Cent. Love. It. We enjoyed catching up with: 

Blake, Julie, and Lauren. 
Penny and Dennis. 
BJ, Seth, AJ, and Callie.
Carrie and Kyle. 
Nathan, Brittany, and Luke. 





Oh... sweet Luke. I was trying to get his first sentence to be, "BC, I want a friend!" This was me trying to convenience BC that we are "baby ready." For the record, we are NOT. However, if I could be PROMISED that my babies will be as sweet as Lucas Johnson; sign me up! For ten! :) 


We had to leave diner and go sit at the Cain House in the hallway. Yeah, the weather was pretty bad. However, with God's comfort, we were all safe. I actually slept like a baby, no thanks to Arcade's tornado sirens.

Saturday AM I went to visit the lovely ladies at Tradition's Nails. Let me tell you.... this is the ONLY nail salon I love. L.O.V.E.

Then I went and picked up the sweetest lil sister ever. She was ready to go in her pink glitter Toms. :) We headed to the mall to meet my aunt, Bethany, and Cam. We went to Buford to enjoy a great day of shopping and each other's company. This was the first time I got to experience Charming Charlie. OMG! Seriously I love this place! If you are not familiar with it, it is a store of nothing but accessories. It was so amazing. I learned that this should be your last stop at the mall. You should pick up some new outfits first, then try to find jewelry! It was so amazing! I also picked up some new Bare Minerals makeup. I will NEVER buy any other makeup. I have been using my "new face" for a week now, and my skin feels so much better! I'm sold!

After this busy afternoon the family went to Athens to Inoko's. It was my bro-in-law's 18th birthday. More celebration and more food! Here we were joined by Aunt Diane, Mama Bette, Blake, Julie, Lauren, Rylie, Penny, and Dennis. It was soooo good. But, have you ever had Japanese and it not be good? After dinner we went back to the Cain House to enjoy cake. I had a white chocolate cake and Blair had a double doozie. YIKES! SOOOO good! 




One of my amazing birthday presents! TOMS!


Sunday we got to enjoy the most amazing church ever. Southside is my home! I love Jeff, I love the band, I love the Word, I love it all. I love how when I walk out I feel "clean." So amazing. I am also so blessed to have an amazing friend and her son start to fall as madly in love with it as I am. Blessed I tell ya! 


Sunday afternoon we came home because we knew we had a busy week ahead. However, my birthday weekend was nothing short of spectacular. 

Now, let me tell you about my week: 

This was my L>A>S>T> week as a full time student teacher. I begin handing things back to the regular teacher because we only have ohhhhh 22 more days!!! GRADUATION! So this week was so amazingly busy! Observations...observations... observations....


Now for the BIG NEWS:

Today my wonderful husband OFFICIALLY accepted the job as a high school special education teacher. He will be coaching football as well. THIS IS SO HUGE! Coach had to take a year off from coaching so that we could live together our first year of marriage. Yeah, this summer we thought we would live apart for the 2011-2012 school year. God gave him the opportunity to work in Grovetown, but not coach. He is such a wonderful husband that he took it. 


Now God has placed us in a new location. We will be living in Telfair, Ga. It is located in the southern part of Ga. I am very, VERY, very excited. It is a little over 3 hours from 'home' but we feel it is where God wants us to go. Saturday we are taking a trip to look at a house.... we waste 0 time. 
Here is my look on things... Look how close we are to the BEACH!!! :) I bet more friends visit us!


So... there you have it. On this Thankful Thursday I am thanful for: 
...God's plan for Coach and I. 
...My family and firends and another great birthday.
... Safety through harsh weather.
...A wonderful church that I adore. 
...Graduation being so close I can feel it. 
... A great friend falling in love with Southside
...McDuffie County's day off tomorrow!!! :) 

Love love,
C^2

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Real Life Coach's Wife Life

 In 2011 blogging was a bit of a lengthy status update for social media. Coach and I moved away from "home" and it was just a fun ...