Monday, June 25, 2012

A Family Tradition

We spent last week at the beach! I really love the ocean and the sand. I believe this passion comes from my sweet Grandy. Each time I visit the beach, I think of her. I miss her and her chocolate ice cream cones. Which may be why I indulged in 2 last week. They were in memory of her! :)

The Cain family goes to Daytona Beach. They have been going to the same place, same room, for 30 years! It is just a "Family Tradition." This is actually where we went on our extended honeymoon last year. It'll forever hold a place in my heart. There are TONS of beaches around, and I would LOVE to go some other places just to experience something new... but let's be honest... all I need is my Nook, a chair, sand, sun, and salt water.


This year was beautiful, and we had great weather. There was rain in the forecast each day, but hey... it's the beach. It would sprinkle on us after lunch for no more than 10 minutes. Blair and I would just sit it out.
Blair

Another fave part of the beach is the food. I love seafood. Thanks, Mama for raising me to try different things! Coach and I did so great with the battle of eating out. We had NOTHING fried! We LOVE our fried shrimp and fish! We stayed strong and had grilled  seafood at each place we went. (Except for the steakhouse we ALWAYS visit. We had fillet.)

I also took advantage of being so close to a mall with a Dillard's. I was able to stock up on my makeup! Coach stocked up on some more books from Books-a-Million. Who knew that I would have him reading so much! He read 2.5 books last week! Not to mention his great devotional book that he read every morning. Gah... I love him!





Love him.

Favorite Shirt Night :)
 On Saturday we were leaving and the cousins were coming down for their week stay. We decided to stay with them for the day (since is really is a short drive for us now)... it was so much fun! Or as Ansleigh text me.."SUHHHHH" fun. (Must be teen lingo?) That morning Blair was my date to The Cracked Egg. I have been wanting to go to this place since last year! Coach refuses to go out for breakfast of lunch since we go out for dinner. Well, Blair was easy to convince. I had the biggest waffle ever. It was delish!

There was ONE bad thing about this trip... I missed that lil Dog Named Dub! I am picking him up today, but he has to get a bath, so I am waiting on that phone call. Next year, we WILL find a dog friendly beach!

Have I mentioned I L.O.V.E. summer?!

Love love,
C^2



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Real Life Coach's Wife Life

 In 2011 blogging was a bit of a lengthy status update for social media. Coach and I moved away from "home" and it was just a fun ...