Wednesday, June 27, 2012

A Wonderful Day in the South!

Hello friends! I am just sitting on the couch, with the swim finals on the T.V. and  I think I want a swimmer's body. Anyway... (Do you see why I love my husband so much? He constantly has to follow my thought process. It can't be easy!) 

Today Coach and I had come company! 

Other than Penny, and locals, this was our first group of company! My amazing friends from Augusta came to see me! Amy, Vicki, and Mary Beth. They got up super early, drove the crazy back roads that lead you to McRae, and spent the say with us. We had a great lunch at a local pizza place. We usually ALWAYS go to a Mexican restaurant when we are all together, but ours is closed on Wednesdays. (Weird.) However, I LOVE pizza and salad, so all was well. Plus, it didn't matter what food we ate, the company and fellowship is all that really mattered. 

Afterwards, Coach took us on a tour of McRae. I think he really just wanted to show off the football field and the new score board. Ha! 




Then we came back and sat on the back porch and enjoyed each other's company and drank ice water. We also planned the trip to Savannah for the marathon. They are super excited... and I'm the one running!!

I seriously love them! 




When they left I kinda cried. I love that we are following a dream, and most people would NEVER leave their comfort zones of "home." This visit was just proof that we are always only a day trip away. Also, I decided to give some praise to God. Thank you, God for leading Coach in his first ever job in WW. This choice sent me in the Augusta direction. My choice to go to ASU gave me the opportunity to meet some of the sweetest, kindest, most supportive friends. I am so thankful for the laughs, tears, (and stomach ulcers from stress) that we have shared!

Sweet Amy has been taking advantage of her free summer time and made me this CUUUTE wreath and coaster. I have NO CLUE why she made them red & black. They don't really match anything in our house.... :) Joke.

Today was just absolutely wonderful. It actually started off with a great run, girl time, and is now ending with me feeling the good pain of a long run. 

Love Love, 
C^2

1 comment:

  1. You are correct. Perhaps I should have left out the red and incorporated MAROON/CRIMSON!!!! Ha ha! Only kidding! I love the Cain family and I am thankful also that you were led to ASU! Love you bunches! Thanks for a great day!

    ReplyDelete

The Real Life Coach's Wife Life

 In 2011 blogging was a bit of a lengthy status update for social media. Coach and I moved away from "home" and it was just a fun ...