Tuesday, June 26, 2012

 
 I was recently awarded with my FIRST Blog Award! Thanks to Ashley @ Baseball-Diamonds and Hairspray. 

Here goes some fun...


1. What is your current beauty obsession?
  I am sad embarrassed to say that I am not all into the "beauty" thing. I am just plain ole basic when it comes to beauty stuff. I use the cheapest shampoo, I wash my face with soap, and I have one bottle of "product" and it is actually Kids' De-tangler. When typing this, I think I want to become obsessed with something. Ha! I suppose my make-up is my obsession as I will NEVER wear anything else. I LOVE Bare Essentials. I wear Bare Mineral make-up. All I use is the matte, the warmth, and the mineral powder.  That's all. I also use cheap eyeliner and mascara. I will spend $$$ on my foundation though. I HATE the feeling of make-up. I hate sweating and wiping my face and seeing gunk. Lame I know. Yes, I am a real girl.  So, I wear BM because it is light and refreshing. I feel like I have nothing on, but my skin looks clear and even. (Well, to me it does. You make-up pros may think other wise.) But, it is safe to sweat in, and they say to sleep in. But, my BIGGEST "struggle" in life is that I take 2 showers daily. I would NEVER go to bed without washing my face.
Oh, and I also LOVE this because it comes with a set of wonderful brushes and some cleaner. I LOVE cleaning my brushes weekly! 
 
 
 
 


2. What is one beauty item you wish you owned?
I haven't really thought about wanting a beauty item recently because I see things and listen to their claims, and then buy it. I use it a couple of times, and then forget I have it. However, after reading Ashley's blog... I kinda want this Clarasonic. I did a 5 minute research about it, and it says it is makes your pores appear smaller. I WANT THIS! Plus, it makes me feel better a person that I actually know loves this. 
 
 
 

3. What kind of posts are you favorite to read and write?
 
I really love writing about personal experiences, and what is going on in my life. 95% of my readers are from Facebook. I live far from "home" and this is a way to catch folks up on my life. I also love reading posts about people's lives and personal experiences. I LOVE to cook, so I love reading about recipes. The blog world is different from a cookbook because it is proof and often step by step instructions of recipes that real folks have tried.  I like to read about products people have tried, and I am currently obsessed with running blogs. 
Now that I blog and read other's blogs, I will start a conversation with Coach and it'll start like this..."So I was reading a blog and this lady did this, and she said this, and I wanna try it." Coach responds, "Do you know this lady?" 
Well, no. But I LOVE reading her blogs! Ha! Blogging is like reading a nonfiction story, that you can really relate to. (And isn't super boring!)



4. What inspired you to become a blogger?
 
In the past I would journal, and make scrapbooks, and frame the 654,654 pictures that I took. So, I have always liked "writing." I went to a sewing class where Danielle and Dana were talking about blogging. Then I read some of their blogs. I was hooked. I wish I understood all of the fancy parts and knew how to make my blog super attractive. I also sometimes feel that I am blabbing... but Coach swears this is how I am. I talk around the subject. Sorry. 
So, now I can journal, share experiences, read experiences,  upload pictures (rather than framing), and keep everyone up to date. I'm pretty much hooked for life.



5. What color nail polish are you wearing right now?
 
Coral. Only on my toes. I usually don't paint my finger nails. Unless I am super stressed and bite my nails off (Yuck I know.) I will go get a manicure to stop the habit. Or, if I am feeling down there isn't much a mani/pedi can't fix. With that being said, I will religiously get a pedicure every 2 weeks. There are SOME weeks that I make a trip a week. Bad, I know. Waste of $$? Probably. But, it is just how I am. Coach knew this when we first stared dating, and he accepts the fact. (Just like I accept the fact that we live for football season.) It's why we work so well, we get the facts. 

Side note: When he introduced the desire to move to a small town 3.5 hours away from everything I knew... he said, I quote: "We can drive down one day and look for a nail salon and check out the grocery stores." I cook, and I get pedicures. 
 

And now I get to choose 4 great ladies for the Laine Blogger Award! I am going to choose some friends that haven't blogged in a bit, maybe this will be encouragement. 

1. Laura Beth @ My Sweet Little Life
2. Jessica@ My Year of Cooking and Crafting
3. Laurie @ The Rookie Wife
4. Jennifer @ Bliss to Bean


Love Love, 
C^2

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Real Life Coach's Wife Life

 In 2011 blogging was a bit of a lengthy status update for social media. Coach and I moved away from "home" and it was just a fun ...