Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Sorry For the Break... I'm Back! Catch Up on the Life of Carley Cain

Hello sweet Blog Readers! I have missed posting so much! I have just felt guilty about spending a large amount of time on the computer when there was so much work to be done. We moved! We are in our new house. Everything is going great! We are officially residents of a small town in south Georgia. I love it... but boy, I miss the city life often. In Augusta, I could go to all three of my favorite craft stores in a matter of minutes. I googled the closest location of the craft stores from our new address... oh each is about an hour and a half away. On the bright side, I am an hour and a half away from the beach as well! Wahhooo! We are planning a beach day soon. (Our neighbors also have palms in their yards. I love a good run looking at palm trees!)


Coach loves the kids and the community here. I do as well. It makes being so far from "home" a little easier. He also invested in a new grill. He loves it and we are planning our first "feed the players" meal for next week. We had some great kids help us unload the moving truck, so we promised a cookout. This grill was all I heard about for months. He actually sat and watch The Food Network with me and learned some great grilling tricks.

Speaking of Coach, he is doing great! We still constantly pray that we never have to experience MRSA again. We are actually about to head to the health store to pick up some liquid silver. It is suppose to be a natural solution. He has had his fill of antibiotics. With football in full swing, and wrestling immediately following...we want to avoid all germs as much as possible.

We recently celebrated our first wedding anniversary. We were busy packing and arranging for the big move, and Coach had postplanning, so we did not get to celebrate much on the actual day of our anniversary. Once we were moved, we went to Chateau Elan to see our favorite band, The Swinging Medallions. They actually dedicated and sang a song for us. We love them. If you ever get a chance to see them... take it! They are just so much fun! Not to mention, they have become close friends (sons) of the family! Since the "traditional" first wedding anniversary gift is paper, this is what Coach gave me.
 
I swear he has never heard me mention wanting to do this, he hates Pinterest, and this makes me LOVE it even more. He really is just the absolute best!

We spent the rest of Memorial Day Weekend in Jefferson by the pool. On Monday we drove home and were victims of the tropical storm. We were so thankful for the rain because neighbors told us the town seriously needed it. Telfair actually got the most inches of rain from the tropical storm.

On our third day here, I had to go to the eye doctor. I just had a bacterial infection in my eyes. GO figure, right!? I am fine, and the doctor and staff was so nice! I seriously fell more in love with this small town! We also visited the Baptist Church. Afterwards, we went to lunch with a group of people. You know how I knew we belonged here... they invited us to try the local Mexican restaurant with them. PERFECT!

The Dog Named Dub loves this house too! He loves the HUGE yard and all the free running around he gets to do. :) It makes a pup tired...


All in all, the moral of this catch up is... follow your dreams and just go with it. I know that Coach and I are far from home, we can't just meet up with our friends and family on short notice... but there is a reason we are here. Every single night I thank God for leading us here. It was not easy, and I am the biggest "worrier" ever. But, here we are, and all is well.

Stay tuned for more blogs this week.. I have so many ideas... and a great dinner in the crockpot that I want to share with you! Oh, yeah, and... I know you want to know about my weight loss?!?!

Love Love,
C^2


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Real Life Coach's Wife Life

 In 2011 blogging was a bit of a lengthy status update for social media. Coach and I moved away from "home" and it was just a fun ...