Monday, October 8, 2012

Weekend Recap: Fall Break




This weekend was the wrap up for our “College Football Marathon.” For 4 straight weekends in a row, we have made the 3+ hour drive to see the Dawgs play. This past weekend we went to Columbia, SC. This was our “Fall Break” and Coach and I had a four day weekend. We decided to knock something off of our ‘Before Children Bucket List’ and made the trip. Ohhhh you know we had a devastating loss, but HEY… the experience was fun, and   I would make the trip again anytime. (I would love a better outcome, of course.)
We also had a sad defeat on Friday night. What a double doozie…

Anyway, the trip started off right with some YUMMO DD blueberry coffee. You know you are lame when you get excited about visiting a DD. I was PUMPED.

Then we drove into Columbia and met up with Blair and his friend. He was on fall break as well, so he was able to come from Pikeville and go to the game with us.
Then we met some great friends from Jefferson and spent the day tailgating. You know us… just some tailgating fools. J You never know how AMAZING Athens is until you leave it. However, we DID have indoor bathrooms at our spot... so all was wonderful to me.
We spent several hours at the tailgate with friends then we walked to the game. Our seats were GREAT! Actually they were in the family section, so we loved it! South Carolina has some great traditions. The “sandstorm” was pretty amazing…… but absolutely nothing can beat some barking! 






so upset...




The game… well, there are no words. It was actually one of the worst feelings ever. Hearing the crowd chant, “OVER RATED” was just terrible. But, the good news is: Sunday the sun still came up, and life is still going on. I mean, can you believe the world is still spinning after that game? I was pretty surprised as well.
Sunday we got up and rode through Augusta. We stopped at our favorite bookstore. 

Someone, I will NOT name any names… bought a book by Coach Spurrier. Anyway, then we walked around the mall, and then had lunch at our favorite restaurant. I also ran into Bed Bath and Beyond. I may or may not have spent $40 on K-cups. (White Chocolate Macadamia Cookie Coffee?? Ummm yeah!)  Afterwards, we came home, and I talked and chatted slept the entire ride home. It was such a great trip because we had an extra day to enjoy off!
This morning we slept in… it was sooo great! Then I enjoyed a cup of coffee to celebrate the 60* weather outside. Coach watched Friday’s film, and I cleaned the house a bit. Then we decided to see an early movie. Taken II. I won’t give a true movie review, but it was a great movie to see with your husband. He loved it, I enjoyed it. It has an intense plot, and Coach even bought me some popcorn. Absolutely no complaints here. As most of our dates end up, we hit Wal-Mart on the way home. I swear, I spend TOO much money there!
We picked up the baby from his “friend’s house” aka the vet, and then came home to wrap up the long weekend.

I can smell and somewhat feel Fall in the air... 
 
 Next break:
Thanksgiving!

Love love,
C^2

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Real Life Coach's Wife Life

 In 2011 blogging was a bit of a lengthy status update for social media. Coach and I moved away from "home" and it was just a fun ...