Thursday, April 9, 2015

Social Media

This is an opinion. This opinion is mine and only mine. These are MY feelings and MY spot on the .com to share such feelings. I wanted to post this as a status. Then I thought about it, and I would be doing exactly what I was getting upset about. I've thought about this post for about a year or more.

Social media is probably one of my favorite things in the world. I love Facebook because it keeps me up to date on friends and family. It is a way to see news articles. I LOVE LOVE Instagram because it is a way to see pictures and also follow small businesses (children's clothing lines) as well as some amazing workout folks. Blogging has opened my eyes to something so amazing to something entirely different and I am madly passionate about it. I love reading opinions and ways of life of others. I have read some very informational posts and learned so much! It helps connect with people with the same interests as you and a fresh outlook on some new opinions that you may be forming.

For example, Coach and I LOVE the Babywise practice. However, not many friends (if any) have read the book, done the research, or feel passionate about it. Truth: Folks just down right hate it. (Folks that haven't read the books or witnessed the proper practice to form an opinion.) Blogs help you find the support and makes it possible to connect with them for support. 

Social media can be the most inspirational tool. You can be motivated to work out, lose weight, become healthier, become closer to God, better your marriage, be a better friend, cook better meals, or just appreciate what you have MORE. Truth: These are the positive feelings that I have picked up personally from social media. 


Then there is the OTHER form of social media: The negative user. 

People can use social media to hurt feelings, to get on hurtful rants, to share or make fun, to bash others. I have witnessed some of the must hurtful social media posts that are put out there to clearly call out another person... that you may or may not even know. I have seen people take pictures of others in private... and then post them to make fun of them. I have seen people make a status to call out another person and their actions. Seriously, it is going to hurt SOMEONE's feelings. SOMEONE's actions are being made fun of.

I am POSITIVE that I have said something on SM that has hurt someone's feelings. I am taking blame and 100% saying: I am truly sorry. In my adult life I am now aware of how hurtful some posts can be and I feel horrible about it. Gah, I would NEVER want to hurt anyone's feelings. I am praying that I am not using this to "call anyone out" on social media. I am calling myself out. I am challenging myself.

Here's the challenge: 
Truly love others. 

  • Love the car selfies. Someone is feeling beautiful at the moment. That can be hard sometimes in our society that places a standard on beauty. Take those selfies! Feel beautiful! You are! 
  • Don't post a rant when in a time of anger. You may not be "FB friends" with the center of the rant... but they will see it. Their feelings will be hurt. 
  • Love those "30 Days of Thankful" posts. We all need to be more thankful 365 days. Let folks have pride for the little things. I am so thankful I didn't pitch a fit for the $600 washer and dryer stands last year. Now I am thankful my husband does the laundry because it hurts to bend over. The little things. 
  • Don't take pictures of a crazy person you see dressed funny or driving you crazy in public. I KNOW I am guilty of driving people crazy in public a time or a million in my life! Have you seen me in public when I get excited about above mentioned washer and dryer?! It was like getting a toilet after years of using an outhouse! If anyone ever sees me walk my dog in the morning... this is what they will see... I may see a picture of "Look at this crazy lady! What is she wearing?! 
  • Love those small business sellers! Sell your products! Love your products! Be passionate about what YOU love. Trust me: Someones life will be benefited from your passion! I use top of the line vitamins. I am part of an amazing business that has one goal: to better lives of many! I also have some amazing lashes! I have a million monograms in my house. I love local veggies from the farmer down the road. I eat amazing chicken that I order by the ton. Share your small business! Love your small business! 
  • Be a positive poster. Not a negative poster. Post the good things. Not the negative things. This can be hard for me. I mean... Last class of the semester on the last Saturday of spring break?! Hey... at least I am finished for the semester. One step closer to the big goal. Plus, it gives me next weekend to be free of all school work! Be positive! Be positive! Be Positive! Allergies are horrible! But hey... my flowers and trees look ahhhhhmazing! It's hot! I'm pregnant! Hey... It isn't an ice storm... and I'm gonna be a mommy! Positive! 
You can use social media 2 ways. Only 2 ways: To bring people up.... or to bring people down. 


I pray I am known for bringing people UP! 

I am challenging myself starting today! 


Love love,
C^2

1 comment:

  1. Hey girl! I just wanted to let you know I nominated you for the Liebster Award on my blog today. :)

    ReplyDelete

The Real Life Coach's Wife Life

 In 2011 blogging was a bit of a lengthy status update for social media. Coach and I moved away from "home" and it was just a fun ...