Friday, March 13, 2015

12 Weeks

How Far? 
Baby Cain is 12 weeks today!
Isn't this the BEST picture ever? Yay for days off and never leaving the couch! Ha! Keeping it real! 

The size of a plum. 
I am loving the What to Expect app and videos. They are very informative and it gives the quick version of what is growing and changing throughout this particular week. 

How I am feeling: 
I really feel great. Sometimes I forget that there is a sweet baby growing inside. However I am quickly reminded: like when I am frog hopping on the playground.... diving on the bed to wrestle with Dub... jump up from the floor when I am done playing a literacy game.... I am reminded to slow down and stop being such a loon.... I also love my sleep each night! I love it so much I ran in the afternoons this week. It helps that the weather was in the 80s this week. I also had a pedicure this week and it was perfect. I wore sandals as well and it was wonderful! Yay for Spring! 


Maternity Clothes? 
I am wearing my clothes BUT I only wear the super stretchy things. I have the belly band and it saves my life when I need to wear jeans or pants. I just HATE tight things around my stomach. I have ALWAYS been like this because I am sitting on the floor and running around like a crazy each day. 


Best moment of the week? 
Baby Cain officially has two car seats. (Daddy will drop off, Mommy will pick up.) It just makes sense to have one for each car to eliminate the stress about cars and such. We also have THE diaper bag that I have loved from the moment I saw it.


 I also had a SWEET SWEET friend call me and say she was finding a home for all of her maternity clothes. This made my week because 1) she is super stylish. 2) I am getting very close to needing them. 3) Now more money can be spent on fun things like this Bob jogging stroller that I am drooling over. I have the best friends! I pray for them daily because they get me through the days! 


Food cravings? 
I could live off of shrimp. In fact, that is the only meat I really LOVE these days. No worries, I am keeping the serving size in check. I also only drink water or lemonade usually. I think Coach is waiting for me to really crave something because he'll say, "Is this a craving?" I also HAVE to eat SOMETHING every 2 or so hours. If I miss the window then I feel sick. I HATE feeling sick so I am constantly eating SOMETHING. Monday night I was kinda waiting on Coach to come home and cook. I also forgot we got another hour of daylight so he was later than normal. Annnnnnddddd I got sick feeling. I didn't leave the couch. I talked him through cooking dinner. 

Oh, and THIS.

 Ummmmmm..... it is TRULY my saving grace in the morning! All the protein! These are by far my favorite shake ever! I don't add anything but water and ice. It is the perfect mixture of sweet and healthy. I know I'm not sick in the morning because I am getting some amazing nutrition first thing in the AM. 

What I am looking forward to: 
We are out of school for a 4 day weekend. I am going to spring clean and clean out the extra closet that I have claimed this past year. I am also going to switch out my winter and spring clothes in my closet and get that cleaned up. This morning I contacted the painter. I think Sunday we are going to purchase the paint for the room. I also have a doctor's appointment Thursday. I am hardcore praying about that! I am about to hit the 2nd trimester. Folks say the energy they find in the 2nd is amazing... I am pretty good on energy so I am excited to have MORE! :) 

Stretch Marks? 
None so far. I use body butter twice daily as well as coconut oil.  I have never had stretch marks before but I've read they are hereditary. Honestly, I don't really care if I have them or not. I mean.... that sweet baby is totally worth it. I kinda laugh inside when I hear people say... "Ugh! Stretch marks!"  It is kinda like people saying, "I could never cut my hair! I am too attached to it!" It is hair and skin folks.... Just my personal opinion. 

Nursery: 
We have one. It needs cleaning out. (Just the closet.) The cleaning starts today tomorrow. 

Sweet Baby Dub: 
I have to beg him not to lay on me. Literally lay on me. This is his favorite spot. He has always hung out around my feet on the couch and the bed... now he is on my stomach all the time. It is sweet... and I love it... but I can only take it for about 5 minutes. We have the agreement that he will lay next to me. Yay for finally being the favorite! Or, it really may be that I am just always on his favorite spot. 
I have read lots of articles about how to transition your dog in the big change that is about to happen. I am adding this to my prayer list but seriously... Dub has always been great around mini people. I am really not worried at all. However, this week I started thinking about allergies. Just adding that to my prayer list!


Prayer: 
Oh sweet Baby Cain you are crazy loved already! I could cry when I start to think about all the amazing years that are ahead of us! My favorite time of day is the ride to school when I pray out loud for your health. I pray constantly that you are healthy and strong. I can't wait to hear your sweet heartbeat this week! 
I may still sneak in a prayer that you love running from day one.... :) 


1 comment:

  1. Too funny! I feel like I can't get enough shrimp myself!

    ReplyDelete

The Real Life Coach's Wife Life

 In 2011 blogging was a bit of a lengthy status update for social media. Coach and I moved away from "home" and it was just a fun ...