Wednesday, March 25, 2015

The First Ever First Trimester




With this being the first time I have ever been pregnant, I decided to keep record of the first ever first trimester. I am not a doctor. Most blogs are not written by doctors but are so helpful and beneficial to read. I suggest finding some great blogs that you love and become faithful readers.

I should document my true symptoms: 

  • Acne. Acne everywhere. Coach asked with the most serious face, 'Do you think you may have chickenpox?' 
  • Night sickness 5 times. I didn't eat. I wake up in the middle of the night and eat. It's too legit to quit. 
  • Cramping. Doctor says things are stretching and growing. 
  • Sore ummmmm.... girls? You know? I couldn't live 13 weeks without a sportsbra. Hurt. So. Bad. 
  • I usually wake up at 3-5am. Then it's a struggle to get up. 
  • I had to teach Dub that my three trips to the bathroom did not mean he needed three trips to the bathroom as well. 
For the majority... these are over.




I LOVE a TON of blogs. I may or may not consider them real friends and only the closest friends of mine (maybe like one person and my husband) can separate the real life friends from the blog friends that I talk about in regular conversation. Weird? Yup.

With my LOVE of blogs, I have read and read and then read some more. This was SOO SOO SOO helpful for me when encountering something SO very new.

Maybe this will help you. Maybe you will just laugh. That is totally fine too. Maybe you'll be mad. Sorry bout that.

Again, I am not a doctor. At. All. I also praise THE GREAT WONDERFUL LORD that I have had an amazing first trimester. With this being said, let me share some things that I learned and want to remember for future Cain babies.

1. From week 4 (when you find out) until week 8-9 when your doctor wants to see you for the first time is the AB.SO.LU.TE. longest time of your life. I seriously had a count down on my phone that I would look at 3 times a day. Hold on young grasshoppa.... your very exciting day will come. It will be oh so worth the wait!

2. Tell your husband the news ASAP. Promise each other you won't tell anyone until after the first appointment... then call your BFF immediately. No really. I did this. Ten minutes after we made the vow not to tell, I was begging and crying to tell my BFF. She gave me the exact reaction I was looking for. "Shut up! I am on my way over now!" Coach is the most unemotional person ever. I knew he was 100% super pumped... he just doesn't do cartwheels and such like I do. I needed someone to do cartwheels with.

3. Get some organic Tart Cherry juice ASAP. A friend recommended this for a natural sleep aid, but I read that it covers the vitamin taste. Ummmmm..... so worth it! I have been drinking a glass every single night for about four weeks. So amazing.

4. Take your vitamins. I know so folks say they just can't. Well, try. Try really really hard.

5. Eat fruit and veggies between the ice cream and carbs. Your gut will be thankful. Trust me.

6. Try to keep going full speed. I am literally afraid of slowing down because I am afraid that I won't get started again.

7. Read. Read. Then read some more. People tell me to stop reading. I can't. I just absolutely cannot be uniformed about anything. Birth plans? I have four saved to my computer. Thankfully I have read every single possible birth story ever. You won't scare me with yours. I've youtube-ed it at 3am. Bring it.

8. Did I mention read? You should seriously read.
Coach and I are hardcore praying about a plan that we LOVE. People HATE it and will throw some fists when you talk about it. However, we researched it. Maybe we will change when Baby C comes... but we have read the literature and formed our own opinion.You should just seriously read. Set down the Hoover and pick up my ole Gal Denmark!

9. Eat every hour. Oh. Is this just me? Possibly. It just keeps the sick feeling away. Sooooo bring on the food. (Again, I was super blessed and not sick much. I was sick 5 nights out of 13 weeks.)

10. Smile and be polite when people say.... "Right in the middle of football season?! What were you thinking?!"
Well, we were thinking we wanted a family. So we were thinking that we would FULLY give the timing to The Lord. We were also thinking about cross country season, basketball season, and baseball season. Wait. No we weren't. We were thinking about having a baby and being blessed by the Lord to be parents.

11. Start doing things NOW. I don't think it is too soon to do anything. I need time to search for the best things I need to research brands and be sure we are spending smart and not just spending money on baby items. Plus, ummmm.... I will be due at the beginning of the school year. I want to fully focus on THAT. I also want to spend some time with Coach this summer. I want a Babymoon. I want things set up as much as possible. Go ahead. Paint that room. Order that crib. Get that fun stuff OVER!

12. Don't discuss names. People will hurt your feelings when they don't like them. FYI: We may or may not call Baby Cain Maximus.

13. Drink water. Drink water. Then drink water.

14. Don't compare yourself to other pregnancies. SHEWWWWW. I am really bad at this. "Oh gosh! I've gained 2 pounds at 13 weeks and they have gained 32 in  weeks!" "Oh man! I am wearing maternity pants and this person isn't!" Stop. Be yourself. Rock your bump.

15. Pray. Pray. Then pray some more. Then ask friends to pray. When we finally told people... I would always say, "Please pray!" Prayer is an amazing thing and it has kept me going for the last 13 weeks! In fact: Will you pray for us? Thanks!

There you have it. My journal of the First Ever First Trimester. 

Week 6

13 Weeks


Love love,
C^2 



1 comment:

  1. I love you, Carley:) I'm excited to enjoy another pregnancy through your blog since I can't do it in real life! Enjoy this time...

    ReplyDelete

The Real Life Coach's Wife Life

 In 2011 blogging was a bit of a lengthy status update for social media. Coach and I moved away from "home" and it was just a fun ...