Monday, March 16, 2015

Weekending.

Weekends are kinda my favorite. They give us the time we need to relax, recharge, and for us... have some family member visitors! This was a long 4 day weekend for us. I knew I had to take FULL advantage of it. It was also the famous Peaches to Beaches weekend here. This is a HUGE yardsale from Perry (central Georgia area) to Brunswick. It crosses directly through our main road. It is a wonderful way to find some goods at great prices and also make a little extra cash if you need to clean out. Confession: I never even went out for one second. I know there were some GREAT buys. I know I SHOULD have taken advantage and gone to buy some BIG items for Baby Cain. The truth is, my house needed a little spring cleaning before I brought more stuff in. I am 100% proud of my decision of staying home and knocking out some major TO DOs around here.

Here was our weekend: 

Friday: A big productive day of reading. I honestly never left the couch unless to eat. My favorite author released a new book Wednesday. Friday was spent reading the book from cover to cover. I have been reading books nonstop for information. It was AHHHHHHmazing to just read a fiction book and not worry about making note of an important detail. Although the amazing rest was needed, I am good for about five months on the sitting and doing nothing. I didn't feel great Friday night. I was ill. Saturday had to be spent being active.


Saturday: I was up early and enjoying my delish shake. My closet has been a nightmare. I just have too much in there. I have three seasons. Plus, Baby Cain's closet was full of my dresses and coats. So work had to be done. I took out, gave away, packed up, and got ready to store some winter clothes... and JCrew size 8s (summer stuff) :( are now packed away and ready to make their way to the attic for safe keeping until hopefully next summer. It was an all day project. Now I LOVE my closet! So fresh and organized.


Baby Cain now has a fresh start ready for some (gender neutral) filling.



I need to take a second and send up a PRAISE. A dear friend sent me her two HUGE tubs of maternity clothing. Every. single. thing is perfect! I spent two days washing, hanging, folding, and organizing each piece. Coach helped me and said, "This is amazing!" I cannot begin to say how thankful I am because I was slightly worried about having to purchase so many things. I literally am 100% set now! I work all summer and now I have plenty of things to wear to work. She will probably get sick of hearing me say thanks... but I cannot begin to tell you the blessing this was! Coach may or may not have also said, "You'll be a better dressed pregnant person than you are not pregnant!" He is sooooooo kind these days!


Saturday afternoon I actually put on real clothes... and went to a wedding celebration for my dear friend's sister. This sweet lady... no words can explain.



Sunday morning after some coffee and nursery planning,  Penny left and I did some online shopping. I am looking for a crib. I don't want a super expensive one. However, I do know it will be an investment and can be used for many future babies so I am really researching to read reviews and find one I love and is worth the money. There are just SO. MANY. OPTIONS.

The remainder of the day was spent on the normal afternoon nap, movie watching, and evening grilling. When we are outside, Coach gets on his rant about fixing the back yard. At our old house we had the PERFECT back porch. We miss that and would LOVE to have one here. So this morning a landscaper friend who just so happened to own this house before us is stopping by to take a look. Sure.... let's add ANOTHER project!


Oh, and FINALLY uploading our Christmas trip pictures to share. Thank you for the much needed guilt trip.


Here we are on Monday. This weekend was perfect. So many things done.

Oh... and with LOTS of prayer and research... Baby Cain officially has a spot for love and spoiling when I go back to work. We confirmed and reserved the spot yesterday. I feel 100% about it. I just couldn't wait until the last minute. I HAD to know that was taken care of and I don't have to worry about that until November (hopefully). Plus, we can start praying about that now. We pray they make lots of friends, and get the loving and spoiling they deserve! It just worked out perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Real Life Coach's Wife Life

 In 2011 blogging was a bit of a lengthy status update for social media. Coach and I moved away from "home" and it was just a fun ...