Wednesday, July 1, 2015

25 Weeks

How Far: 
25 Weeks

Baby Cain is the length of a green onion. The exciting news is that Baby Cain's ears are very developed and very sensitive. Now he/she can hear voices pretty well. Yes Baby Cain, that is your sweet brother Dub barking at the neighborhood squirrels. That is your daddy yelling at the TV from time to time. That is me hollering at your daddy to bring some toilet paper to the other bathroom because I constantly forget to stock that bathroom with supplies. 

And I pray your taste in music isn't being developed right now. Daddy makes us listen to random junk in the car. I am sorry. 

How I Feel: 
I hate riding in the car. BUT... we do have an amazing crew going to and from school for the next three weeks! Sleep is my absolute favorite thing in the world. With this being said, class days are hard. Professors don't find napping acceptable in graduate classes.


I had my glucose test this week. I was a little worried about it. I was worried about not eating first thing in the morning. Then I was concerned that the drink would make me sick. I also prayed hardcore about the results. I DID NOT want to fail this and have to take the 3 hour test. I DID NOT want to fail and then have any worries over Baby Cain's health.
The test went fine. I just had to chug the drink. It wasn't bad at all. It really was like a flat Fanta. The waiting for an hour was kinda boring. I brought all my books to read so I filled the time. Then when the hour came, the doctor came in and easily found the heartbeat. Baby Cain was running wild. No surprise there.
UPDATE* I assume I passed the test. I haven't had any call to tell me otherwise. The nurse said no call was a good call.
I also saw a new doctor. I do LOVE my primary doctor. I just will feel at peace if I am familiar with the other possible doctors that may run to the rescue when I am in delivery mode. I didn't have any questions. I did however ask if I could still run. She laughed and said, "Sure! Just don't get too hot!"
When we did lab work everything was perfect. I did however have a slightly low iron count. It is recommended to have a 10. Mine was 9.8. This is GREAT for me because normal (not pregnant) Carley usually sits on a 7. I am not taking iron pills YET. I am still taking iron supplements. Plus, I eat streak and red meat MANY nights out of the week. Coach does not complain.

I also went to this appointment alone for the first time. I HAD to have the appointment in the morning and felt bad if Coach missed practice. It wasn't that bad at all. Plus, I got to have some unsupervised nursery shopping time afterwards.

We scheduled my last 4 week appointment. When I return in July, I will be on the every 2 week rotation. That means it is getting rather close! 

Maternity Clothing: 
For sure. 
I am still wearing my rings, but with the heat and constant sitting I feel like I should take them off soon. I don't want them to be cut off if I wait too late. 

Cravings: 
Anything I don't have to cook. Although, some good home cooked meals are always the best. Coach has done most of the cooking these days due to me finishing school work. Steak is a new favorite. Steak and shrimp. Chicken is kinda WOOF.

Nursery:
Ahhhhh.....
Have you ever heard the phrase, "It takes a village!" Well... that is so so so true!

We are officially the most unhandy people ever. I am a bit nervous about Christmas toy construction in the future. Thank The Lord for amazing friends that come in and save the day!

We have a super wonderful friend that repaired and painted a piece of family furniture. He picked it up, fixed it, painted it, and delivered it the next day. I love it! It is the perfect piece of storage!

Then, we had some ahhhmazing friends that are really family now... come in and put the crib together and hang the window treatments


Best. Friends. Ever.
Because we would have for sure killed each other if Coach and I had to assemble that crib.

Also, during my unsupervised shopping I picked up some baskets, a lamp, some curtains, and ordered the rug. I will pick the rug up next week. (They wanted $80 to ship it.)

I do kinda have some anxiety about the lack of color in this sweet room. I know we will add some color once Baby Cain comes home....

Now I love walking by and looking at a room that is finally coming together.

I have purchased some wall decor. I am going to finish up that shopping this month. The goal is to have the room "finished"  in August. That way I just have to add some gender specific decor once Baby Cain is here.

I should also mention that I booked a maternity photo session. I debated it for 6 months now. I just want some very casual pictures. I am thinking more of family pictures. I won't be displaying a bare bump or anything. Baby Cain's photographer that we will be using for newborn pictures lives on an amazing farm. Her family pictures are absolutely amazing. So I booked a session for the end of August. I almost had a session of pictures with just Dub and me. Thankfully she had the perfect week night opening that would allow Coach to be there and NOT miss practice. Yes.... if you are taking note: Baby Cain has a strict schedule thanks to football season. I also add my BFF to the prayer list because I have a gut feeling that she is going to be on serious Bump Duty come September. In fact, I told her she could come take maternity pictures with me. :)

I should add that I could SO see our photographer being my real life friend. (I see you rolling your eyes Chasity!) She is a coach's wife as well and TOTALLY gets my crazy schedule. She has been AMAZING to work with so far!

I also had a bit of guilt with the cost of said photo sessions. Then my motto came to mind: Memories! Memories are priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Real Life Coach's Wife Life

 In 2011 blogging was a bit of a lengthy status update for social media. Coach and I moved away from "home" and it was just a fun ...