Tuesday, July 14, 2015

True Love: Clarisonic

Today I am taking a small break from all talk Baby Cain and going to discuss a true love. 
Sorry Coach, this ain't about you either. 




Since last May my skin has been breaking out. I was struggling with adult acne in a bad way! I believe it was running, hormones, and the heat that just made my skin an absolute mess. I only use Bare Minerals powder on my face. I wash my face each day and night. It just was not helping at all. I even went to Bare Minerals and bought some liquid foundation to add more coverage to hide the mess that was my skin. I should also add that I never had skin issues when I was younger. So this was a new thing for me. I tried ProActive and I liked it, but after a week or two of using it, it was burning my face. Then I looked at the ingredients and it kinda made me nervous. I'm a pretty "natural" person and just no longer felt great about adding all the chemicals to my face.

Then in January.... Baby Cain joined the picture and the hormone struggle I was dealing with. Looking back, acne was my biggest pregnancy symptom. It was so bad that one morning Coach asked if I thought it could be chicken pox. I had really bad acne all over my face, neck, and back.  I have NEVER had to deal with this. I asked the doctor what I should use and she suggested a MILD face wash ONLY, and a good scrub. I went home and did some research.

I had thought about a Clarisonic in the past, but spending more than ummmm..... $20 on a "beauty tool" is so so so not my style. Really. I just needed some relief so I asked for one for my birthday. Coach agreed and surprised me with The Mia Two. Really, it was a surprise because I just mentioned it one day and how I thought I was just going to have to bite the bullet buy one.

After the first night of using it, I was so in love! I LOVED the smell of the mild face wash. I LOVED the way the wash made my skin feel. The scrub was amazing and made my skin feel so soft and smooth. I was able to use it on my neck and face. I actually looked forward to the one minute of scrubbing that I was doing each night.

Once I used the Clarisonic for one week, I could 100% tell a difference. Now that I have been using the Clarisonic for 5 months, I can tell the biggest difference. My skin is so soft, clear, and smooth. I really hate that I did not make this purchase sooner. In fact, it is my favorite beauty product.

The tool came with a small bottle of face wash. I used it daily and just ran out last month. I bought a bigger bottle and the sales lady said it should last about a year. It was $25.00. I am ordering some replacement brushes today. It is suggested to change them every 3-5 months. You will start to tell a difference and be able to tell when you need to change them.


I suggest reading the recommended usage directions. It will keep your face from getting "too much scrub."

Coach ordered mine from Amazon because we get EVERYTHING from there. However, Ulta sometimes runs deals on them.

**I was not paid for my opinion. These are my REAL LIFE thoughts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Real Life Coach's Wife Life

 In 2011 blogging was a bit of a lengthy status update for social media. Coach and I moved away from "home" and it was just a fun ...