Tuesday, July 14, 2015

27 Weeks

How Far
27 Weeks



The last week of the 2nd trimester. Is it really? Time is flying! 

This has been the BEST week so far. Let's start from the beginning: 
I finished my Master's Degree!


Two friends and teacher pals started with me last June. It really was a great year and we can now mark that off the bucket list. 
Whoop! That is done and behind me! Now I have four days to relax before the next degree starts. Here is  Coach editing my last paper for this degree. He gets a break for a few days before his editing starts again.
Don't worry about the 'Good Luck, America' balloon that we had to celebrate the Women's World Cup. 


Also, we decided that this would be the best time to schedule a BabyMoon since it technically is Coach's only week off this summer. So we left Wednesday night to finish out the family vacation lasting until Saturday then planned to have ZERO plan and hit some new beaches and towns that we haven't visited until Tuesday. Then Wednesday we planned drive to Jefferson to see as much family as possible since our trips north will soon be limited in the next few months.

How I Feel:
Laying on the beach all day has me feeling 100% amazing. As long as I eat real food every hour and not just junk, then I feel great. I have to drink around 2 gallons of water a day to keep the swelling down, but really I feel awesome. (Spoiler alert... the really fun... "I'm ready for this baby to come" doesn't hit for two more weeks.)
It was super amazing to have Coach at the beach finally. I love a good trip with the gals, and I love our time apart, but him being there was the best. It also gave him so reading time to catch up on the important things...


Maternity Clothing:
Are you kidding? Yes. For sure.
Just for fun: We left for the beach Wednesday night and I packed ALL of my bathing suits, cover ups, and towels in one separate bag. Well, I left that bag on the bed. I went to the beach for a week with no bathing suits.

Good thing Target was having a sale! Good thing beach stores always have more of a selection.
So I had to buy two new swim suits. Funny how that worked out.

Cravings:
A good, cold, wedge salad.

And really any food.
Here is a small fact about my FIL: If you go out to eat with him, he WILL ALWAYS order a dessert with five spoons. No harm here. It was so so so delish.


Nursery:
Saturday morning we left pretty early to head out to our first unknown destination. The TJ MAX in Daytona is legit the best HomeGoods EVER. Somehow I convinced Coach that I needed an hour of time in this store. The good news is I racked up on some nursery decor. The bad news is: We had my car packed down. It was loaded from top to bottom. With this being said, nursery decor is finally complete. I have to purchase four baskets for the changing table and then I am literally 100% finished. I need to dust, polish the floors, and hang the gallery wall. My goal is to be completed by August 1st.

Now, as far as baby necessities... I should probably get busy on buying those. Like diapers. Stocking up on needs will begin soon.

I also have a goal of getting our bags for the hospital packed and ready to go. I plan to stock up on travel size products, gowns, and random essentials and go ahead and have the bags ready to go. I know some people think that I am starting this too early... But I just know how crazy insane our house is in August and September. Well really August- December. Wait, August- May. Ugh... I have the desire to go clean something now.

Sweet Baby Dub:
Poor Dub had to have his yearly reminder that he is indeed a dog. He spent the week with the vet enjoying some much needed time with his peers. No worries, we picked him up in time to travel to Jefferson with him. It also made me aware that traveling with a baby and a Weimaraner will be a treat!



No comments:

Post a Comment

The Real Life Coach's Wife Life

 In 2011 blogging was a bit of a lengthy status update for social media. Coach and I moved away from "home" and it was just a fun ...