Wednesday, July 15, 2015

28 Weeks

How Far: 
28 Weeks
Oh! Hey, third and final trimester! 
Do you see how Dub just kicks off my pillows to claim his spot on the coach. Worthless. 

How I feel: 
Pedicures get better with each visit. 
It is officially getting holy moly cow hot here in south Ga. 
My belly is getting heavy and causing me to walk more than run. The heat is also just so suffocating that walking and indoor yoga is the best. (I consider being active at almost 30 weeks in the dead of summer a win. I mean, so many people told me I wouldn't stay active. Not that I am trying to impress anyone by any means, I just know what makes my body feel better. Being active is best for me.) 
I am trying really hard to break the habit of getting up at 4am, working on school stuff or Internet browsing, and then napping from 7am-10am. I have been doing this lately. I really like to get up early and get big things accomplished before 10am or so. ( I am actually up at 5:30am typing this. We like to have dance parties and get the hiccups really early in the morning. Baby Cain may be a morning person.)  
I am really thankful for pools and friends. They are making this summer the best. 
I was struggling with my iron count and I wanted to have that taken care of so I have been eating lots and lots of steak. A good burger is good too. Coach is not complaining too much. 
My feet are swelling. It really helps to wear my shoes all day. So if you see me walking around the house in my Nikes... no big deal. 
I still have to drink two gallons of water a day to feel normal. This should be fun when August comes. 
Fruit and veggies are great. 
Carbs are my bff too. 
I am anxious to go to the doctor next week to check blood pressure, weight gain, and iron. We also start birthing classes next week.


Maternity Clothing: 

Ha. Yes. Living in swim suits if I can help it! 

Cravings: 
Steak. 

Oh, and while visiting my mom while in Jefferson, she convinced me to drive out of the way to get an Innbetween sandwich. It didn't take much to convince me. Oh. Em. Gee. Just as good as always. Turkey on a roll was perfect. 

Nursery: 
No big projects this week since we were out of town. However, I did finally complete my baby registry at Babies R Us. I loved the store and my mom was the biggest help ever. She would research brands and fix things that I broke while trying them out. She also kept my meltdowns under control when I was close to having a break down when I saw the amount of STUFF that was needed. 
I did go ahead a purchase a baby book that I plan to start filling out next week when my classes are over. I also purchased a hospital gown that was on sale. I am working on our hospital bags. I need to add nurse treats to the list of things to do. (insert small panic attack) 

I should go ahead and confess that if Baby Cain is a girl... I have changed her name twenty times. Really. Our boy name... solid as a rock. (No. That's not the name. Although don't think something like 'Rock Cain' wouldn't work for Coach. He is all about the nickname.) 
Girl name(s) change daily. I am going with the "I gotta see what Baby Cain looks like!" excuse. 

Here is the painful part... Baby C has NOTHING with a monogram on it. What in the world?! The struggle is so so so real. 

Sweet Baby Dub: 
We are having some major bonding time from the hours of 4am-6am. 
He struggles with the heat as well.

Funny Story:
Well, funny now that it is over.

When we were leaving for our final lap of the BabyMoon on Wednesday I most likely fixed my famous 1/2 Spark for the road. I love to put a handful of ice in my cup AFTER I mix it. I must have done this on the way out and did not close the freezer door all the way. I left it open about 6 inches. Just enough to over run the thing, causing everything in the freezer and fridge to melt and STINK. On Sunday when we walked in the house it was smelling like death. We spent about two minutes investigating and noticed what it was. Now, luckily not much was spoiled because I had pretty much emptied the fridge since we were traveling. I only had a few packs of fish and veggies in the fridge. My Zaycon chicken is in our garage freezer. WOW! Talk about death smell. It was horrible. I couldn't clean it. Coach was so mad! So he cleaned everything out and I began to Clorox and clean everything down in hopes of getting rid of the smell. Fast forward a week later: We have completely cleaned out and clean the fridge down daily and you can still get a strong smell every now and then. We have done everything. It is getting less and less each day and with each cleaning. I just want Baby Cain to look back when he/she is in Med school and think, "I am so smart because I took all of my mama's brains back in summer 2015!" Because legit kid, you have! 

1 comment:

  1. Lol- those last two lines of the post...hilarious!

    You look ADORABLE in that swimsuit!

    So glad you're staying active. :) :)

    ReplyDelete

The Real Life Coach's Wife Life

 In 2011 blogging was a bit of a lengthy status update for social media. Coach and I moved away from "home" and it was just a fun ...