Saturday, July 18, 2015

Running.

I promise there are three drafts sitting in the blog box right now and here I am starting a new one. I WILL post this tonight. It is on my heart and needed posting.

I wanted to post several posts that had nothing to do with pregnancy. I promise this one won't.
 But it kinda will. You shall see.

I have ten amazing weeks left of carrying sweet Baby C with me all the time. Each time I run into someone during the day they always ask how I am doing. Their kindness is amazing and folks being so supportive is probably one of my favorite parts of being pregnant. But then there are the little things that I miss so much!

  • My brain.... 
  • My thinking ability.... 
  • Rolling over in the bed without grunts that make my husband think I am in labor which cause him to freak out which cause me to freak out which I am sure will one day indeed send me into labor... 
  • A text from someone that is quite possibly as friendly as could be but I think that it is them being mad at me and then hurting my feelings then causing me to cry for hours...
  • Dreams about people being mad at me and then waking up crying... 
  • Sushi
and lastly... the biggest thing I miss so so so much. I miss it so much that I don't talk about it because I may cry... even more than normal... 

Running. 
after a 10 mile run. Probably my fave distance to run on a cool Saturday morning. 

5K with Baby Cain at 21 weeks pregnant. 

Coach said I had to run 2 half marathons before I got a sticker. so I did. 

Running for two! 

I am going to go ahead and say that I have been running up to this point of my pregnancy. I have done a great job of staying active because that is important to me. Supplements, nutrition, health, and value of life is VERY important to me. 
However, since finding out I was pregnant back in January, I have not ran more than 4 miles at one time. At 30 weeks in the dead of July I am only "running/ walking" a mile then walking two miles. 

I. miss. LONG. RUNS. 

I miss them so much that I have almost unfollowed my running inspiration on Instagram. Pure jealousy. 

As I type this Baby C is literally running in my stomach making my dinner feel like it is in my throat. Reminders that taking months off from running is FINE. It is 100% SO SO SO WORTH it. With the words above I would never ever want anyone to think that I was complaining. I am just saying... I miss it. 
If you  are still around... the real reason for this post:
This week I have been really reading and focusing/ praying on my upcoming Cross Country season. I have read several coaching books and tips while trying to build the perfect season training plan that will lead to success. With this being our third full year of having a varsity program it is time that my runners hit the high spots of success. I want them to starting thinking, "I could run at the next level." So, I wanted to compile a list of why YOU should run and LOVE it! No matter the age, ability level, or sport that you are involved in. 
  • Running helps you improve in all other sports. All sports have a "conditioning" phase of their practice. You usually have to run. Running is a part of training for ANY physical activity. It really is true, "Our sport is your sport's punishment." 
  • Running is cheap. I am married to a baseball coach. I know what gear can cost. Now, Coach is rolling his eyes at me because I LOVE my Garmin. But hey... I ran for three  years before I HAD to have one. Plus, you know it is totally worth it to open an app on your phone and know where I am. Is it necessary? No. You really can run for free. 
  • Your heart. Heart disease is killing people. I could quote some crazy insane facts... but that's not the point. Take care of your body. Exercise. Run. 
  • Your friends can do it. Running with a group is my absolute favorite. I was really really terrified but group runs pushed me to actually get up, go, and run faster. 
  • Therapy. Having a hormonal day? Having a moment where you wanna punch someone? Go run. I promise it solves all the world's problems. I have written the best lesson plans, prayed the best prayers, and left a million of my worries on the road while running. It is cheaper and better for you than medicine... or a therapist. 
  • Make you happy.  When I started running at 5am, I was a better wife. No. Really. I swear. I was once the absolute MONSTER in the mornings. When I started running I had time to cook breakfast for our family, pray, get my mind right, and I was ALWAYS on time to work. These factors set me up for an amazing day. Every. single. day. 
  • Eat the carbs. When you are exercising, your body NEEDS the carbs. Go ahead... eat the bread. Call it carb loading. (Yes, I 100% understand the science behind carb loading. Eating bread is NOT carb loading.) Whatever. You can then say, "It is fine! I ran today!" Have the bread. 
  • Learn how amazing your human body really is. There is something amazing about pushing your body to the extreme and then finishing saying, "God is so amazing! He made THIS body to do amazing things!" 
  • I'm on top of the world!  You really do get that feeling at the end of a good, long run. 
  • Set an example for your kids. I honestly never remember my family exercising. They absolutely supported me in my love for sports... But when I entered the racing world, I met families that ran races together. HOW COOL? Coach may be praying for a lineman/baseball star... but this mama is praying for a runner. I want my child to see me running and want to be a part of such a great exercise. Do it for your family! 
I could add to this list for days... it is just making me want to go run... at 10:30pm. On a Saturday. 

I LOVE sharing running plans with people. Want to start running? There are a TON of amazing resources out there to help guide you! I won't lie, if you think my pregnancy updates are annoying... Just wait until I start posting my post pregnancy running updates. 

Love love, 
C^2 

1 comment:

  1. Your blog provided us with valuable information to work with. Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep blogging.

    Purchase Blood Pressure Monitor

    ReplyDelete

The Real Life Coach's Wife Life

 In 2011 blogging was a bit of a lengthy status update for social media. Coach and I moved away from "home" and it was just a fun ...