Monday, September 3, 2012

Parent Weekend in the South!

I hope everyone is enjoying this lovely, sunny Labor Day! This lovely holiday may just be one of my new faves! It could not have come at a better time, I was beginning to feel a little exhausted thanks to the 22 lil babies in room PK5! I am sorry for the blog delay! I have so much to catch everyone up on. August was very busy, and truly a month to praise God for! I got a job, football is in full swing, and I was asked to START a middle school cross country team. TC has never had a XC team before, so this turned out to be hard work, but very rewarding! So, with all that being said, we have been running around like two crazy folks. We are also now known as, "Mr. Coach Cain and Mrs. Coach Cain."
Please excuse the hair and shine... Thanks, humidity and unbearable heat!

 I wouldn't change a single thing! 

This past Friday was our first home football game. Penny and D decided to come down to see their baby kick off the season. I love P & D so I was just as excited as Coach was. They came down late Thursday evening, and left after the game Friday night. Here is proof that they were here.....
Swiss Rolls in the freezer!!! :) Proof that Dennis was in our house! I also found some Coke cans in the fridge...

Penny was also as concerned as I was about one of my ferns kicking the bucket, and me only having 2 hanging ferns... so she brought me another one plus this beautiful Monster Fern. I want to keep all 4 ferns through the winter. Any suggestions on how to do this? 

My front porch is now happy again! (My friend Alexis will be just as happy to no longer have to hear about how upset I am about only having 2 ferns hanging!) 


Penny also helped me rearrange my new collection. I have decided to collect "Southern" pieces. (My lovely Aunt Doni bought me the big green plate as a wedding shower gift. It was a funny story because she bought one at an auction, and she was bidding against me! She won it, but then bought me one too! I love things that have memories! So, I have decided to start collecting these things since Coach has all of his red and black obsessions  collections... )

Side note: 
Growing up, my wonderful Mama always had the brightest colored kitchens. (It makes sense, my family has always spent the majority of our time at home in the kitchen!)  I think I got my taste from her. I love my green and yellow kitchen so much! Don't get me wrong... I love the red & black that can be found in ALL other rooms of my house, but the kitchen and dining room will NOT follow. So, with this being said, here is my amazing new burlap table runner that Penny had made for me.... 

I LOVE IT!

The game was a HUGE success! We won! Which is a good thing because we had 3 sets of parents visiting for the game. The HC called this weekend Parent Weekend! 





Sorry for the poor quality pictures. Maybe Santa will see this, and bring me a new camera for Christmas!? 

Another wonderful weekend spent with family. Now I can't wait for my family to come and visit!

Love love, 
C^2

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Real Life Coach's Wife Life

 In 2011 blogging was a bit of a lengthy status update for social media. Coach and I moved away from "home" and it was just a fun ...