Sunday, September 30, 2012

What's That Coming Down The Tracks?!




It’s a mean machine in red and black! This little chant is just something that we do on our walk down to the stadium on Saturdays. I thought that was very appropriate for this post, since I will ONLY be talking about our recent weekends in God’s Country… aka Athens, Ga. (Well, Jefferson, too!)

When we were praying about the move down south, we knew a move would mean fewer trips to Athens for football games. It is a 3 hour drive from our driveway to our tailgate downtown. We decided that God leading us in the direction that he was, we would be OK with missing some kickoffs. Well, with UGA being “da bomb” this season, our huge love for the city, football, and seeing our friends… we have really only missed one home kickoff so far. Can you say wife of the year?  However, the plan is to only go to one more home game, and our yearly “Bucket List SEC Tour” trip. We can’t miss a victory over the Techies, and this year we are going to SC. I have never been to this stadium, and that is on our “Before Children Bucket List.”
We have late Friday night games, and then get up bright and early to head to the land of red and black. I love our tailgate and the friends that we get to spend time with. We know that we won’t get to “drop everything and run” forever. One day in the future, we will have little league on Saturdays, ballet recitals, and what not, but for now… it’s just us (and Dub Cain, of course!). The conversations on the way to Athens are priceless. Coach and I talk about everything under the sun. With our busy weekly schedules, it is a great time to sit ride and chat. This is just another reason why I love our trips. Plus, when I am just thinking about how nice it would be to sleep in, lounge around, and have a low keep weekend, I quickly remember… It is 7 Saturdays out of the year. Coach does anything and everything I want to do the entire year… I can enjoy his absolute favorite hobby with him during this time of year. And hey… I knew this was the way it was when I said, “I do.”
Well, with all of this rambling going on… here are some of the ahhhhhmazing memories I was able to capture this weekend with my new jewel…. Did I mention that a monster was created with this little purchase!?!?

Let me say sorry in advance for the out of order photos... Not sure what that's all about. 

Is the picture thing going to happen all weekend? Yes.



Part of the Tailgate.

My BFF.

Add caption

Love.
Stop already

Dub Cain

Always a good thing to see...


Fourth Quarter

Cain Guys

I love this.


Red Out




 Go Dawgs! 
Love love, 
c^2

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Real Life Coach's Wife Life

 In 2011 blogging was a bit of a lengthy status update for social media. Coach and I moved away from "home" and it was just a fun ...