Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012: A Quick Review


image found on Google.

I know everyone always says, “Oh wow! Can you believe another year has come to an end?” Well, I am not going to be one of them. But, seriously, can you believe the world didn’t come to an end? Shocker! (Joke.)

Well, indeed another wonderful year has flown by, and now I sit in my favorite chair, with my favorite man, and the favorite dog just relaxing. Football is on the television, and Dub and Coach are fighting for space on the couch. As the year flies by… some things just never change. #heavenonearth

I wanted to sit and think about all of the great things that happened in 2012. I thought I would share. Enjoy! 
January:
I made these New Year’s Resolutions.
I finally kicked my love addiction with soda to the curb. I am currently still going “No Cola” strong. This month was when I entered my last and final semester of college with Augusta State. I entered the classroom of one of the greatest teachers I have ever met, and became lifelong friends with her. At first I was overwhelmed with all that ASU slapped on my plate, but sure enough… I made it! 

My sweet friend Leslie, Dub, and I ran a 5K! It was her first, as well as Dub's! 



February:
I have no blogs to remind me of this month… I will need to work on this in 2013 (strange to type!) I had to look back in my pictures to see what pictures I uploaded in February 2012. Well, dang. Truth be told there really weren’t that many. This is just two key points to prove the fact that I was busy working on my ISL, and apprenticeship.
There were lots of cute math activities like this during February…. 


My Aunt took me, Mama, Beth, and her to the Blake Shelton concert. We had great seats, and even won backstage passes!


 This was the highlight of this somewhat dreadfully boring month.
(Note to Coach: Please take me somewhere fun and memorable in February 2013 so in next year’s review I have something fun to recall!) 

March:
I celebrated another year of life. I know… I know… a blessing to everyone. I was able to spend my birthday weekend shopping with my Aunt, loving family time at our favorite restaurant, and just being a madly in love 24 year old. I was also training for the Cooper River Bridge Run that would take place in April.
Advocare was introduced to me also in March of 2012. This is a life changing vitamin system. I now know the way to take care of my body, I am more conscious of what goes into my body, and I will forever be changed due to a little drink from Heaven called Spark. 


April:
This month began with a BANG: Cooper River Bridge Run with friends and a trip to Charleston with my husband. This was a perfect rip with my best friend and her husband who also happens to be Coach’s BFF. 



It also ended with a BANG: Coach was diagnosed with MRSA and spent weeks in and out of the hospital with numerous vicious surgeries. I cried, laughed, and prayed so hard during this month.
Hey… you gotta celebrate and find the good in every situation: The good news is that we can diagnose Staph like nobody’s business. I can see it a mile away. I can also clean and pack a wound that a teacher has no business messing with. Oh the joy that came with this lil bump in the road. (Pun slightly intended.)

May:
Not too much excitement… SIKE! This was the best month of the entire year!!!
I graduated with my BS in Early Childhood Education from Augusta State University. 

Coach officially took a new job in South Ga. We then officially became Telfair Trojans. 
We moved into our new little “cottage” and officially made it a home. I love this little house so much! 

Oh, and we also celebrated our first year of marriage! Yay! This is what Coach gave me… 

June:
I spent this month unpacking, and enjoying dealing with the Southern heat and little bugs. We made new friends that we now call family.
This was also the month that we took our Cain FamilyDaytona Beach trip. Blair and I became BFFs. Well, sorta.

July:
It was one hot month… too hot!
Oh, and I also got a JOB!
August:
This is when 2012 really starts to fly by. We spent this month getting into a school/football/cross country routine.
I started a Middle School Cross Country Program for the TC Trojans. This was such a blessed event! I loved my little Distance Trojans! Coach was busy with football and due to the heat he couldn’t have practice until late. So, I don’t really remember seeing my husband much in August. However, I do remember him turning 27! (Wow, he is really 27. His biological time clock is ticking…) 
September:
TC Football is #1 in our lives… UGA Football is following. We would spend the week here, and the weekends in Athens. Football overload…

October:
My little XC season comes to a successful ending. I also learn how hard being a working/coaching/wife can be. I mean… I thought I was ready to add children… whew! No time!
November:


My amazingly strong mother finishes radiation treatments… she is one Big Brave Dawg. 
Our football team ends 6-4 and gets screwed out of a playoff slot. Don’t get me started… 
Penny keeps the family Thanksgiving Breakfast Tradition alive, and we take a load of amazing family pictures. 
I spend more time with my new family from McRae, and learn a life lesson that you should love the ones that God places in your life… he does it for a reason!
December:
I became a brave woman and cut all of my hair off! I love a pixie! I see 2013 being very stylish for me! 
My family is all together for a holiday! I can’t wait for everyone to move here! I promised them all day trips to the beach!
Christmas!!! 
WHEW! What a year! 2012 has been so good to us. I know God has so much planned for us in 2013. I honestly cannot wait! 

Love love,
Carley

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Real Life Coach's Wife Life

 In 2011 blogging was a bit of a lengthy status update for social media. Coach and I moved away from "home" and it was just a fun ...